Re: I made a CLI tool, and I'm curious about your ideas

Message has been deleted

long văn

Jul 6, 2023, 9:53:42 PM7/6/23
to golang-nuts
Impressive now let's see paul allen's gnt

Vào lúc 23:13:31 UTC+7 ngày Thứ Năm, 6 tháng 7, 2023, Alper Akca đã viết:

gnt.png
I am a beginner in Golang. I made a cli tool for creating a Go project. You can easily create a new Go project using the 'gnt create projectName' command. This command creates a 'bin', 'cmd/projectName/main.go' directories and the go module file. Those who are good at golang can give me ideas. GitHub repository link below:

Sandesh Gade

Jul 13, 2023, 4:35:16 PM7/13/23
to golang-nuts
Hi,

I am curious to know if you've evaluated whether there is any benefit to your tool rather than just running  `go mod init projectName`?
I don't see any improvements that the `gnt` tool brings to the table other than an unnecessary wrapper/opinionated project layout/structure on top of `go mod init`.

I am reminded of a Jeff Goldblum quote from the movie Jurassic Park, "Your Scientists Were So Preoccupied With Whether Or Not They Could, They Didn’t Stop To Think If They Should"

Marcello H

Jul 14, 2023, 4:05:34 AM7/14/23
to golang-nuts
No matter what other people say, as a first project, I think it is great because it gives you the opportunity to practise how a project is made.
I doubt if I would use it since it is done by hand almost at the same speed.
Also, I don't like the idea that it forces me into a certain layout.
So the idea I have, would be: if there's a configuration that will tell the application how the structure is created.
(Let's say, like some template which the user can adjust.)

Just my two cents, and please don't be bothered by my "negative" comments.

TheDiveO

Aug 2, 2023, 7:49:04 AM8/2/23
to golang-nuts
Fresh from the Go project itself. Experimenting with project templates: https://go.dev/blog/gonew