godoc.org (and pkg.go.dev) only showing one global function?

Jens-Uwe Mager

Jun 29, 2020, 8:11:31 AM6/29/20
to golang-nuts
I am having problems that some of the docs I am looking at show only one single line of exported global functions. Example here

Running this command:

I get much more exported global functions:

func CompactIndex(t Tag) (index int, exact bool)
func Compose(part ...interface{}) (t Tag, err error)
func EncodeM49(r int) (Region, error)
func Parse(s string) (t Tag, err error)
func ParseAcceptLanguage(s string) (tag []Tag, q []float32, err error)
func ParseBase(s string) (Base, error)
func ParseExtension(s string) (e Extension, err error)
func ParseRegion(s string) (Region, error)
func ParseScript(s string) (Script, error)
func ParseVariant(s string) (Variant, error)

any preference I can set at godoc.org (or pkg.go.dev) to see all available global functions? Or is this a bug?

Jens-Uwe Mager

Jun 29, 2020, 9:02:29 AM6/29/20
to golang-nuts
The go doc command lists these under global functions, whereas godoc.org and pkg.go.dev was listing them under the base type they return for example ParseAcceptLang was listed under Tag. The difference between go doc and the web based documentation confused me. Shouldn't the output of both ways be comparable?