Problems with windows installation v1.31.1

Longeri Carlos

Oct 9, 2019, 12:46:33 PM10/9/19
to golang-nuts
Hi,
I'm new to go. Just installed Go on a windows10 machine, v1.31.1.

Somehow I don't have godoc.exe in the bin file. i also downloaded the zip installation file and it also doesn't have it.

Please help.

Dimas Prawira

Oct 9, 2019, 1:01:10 PM10/9/19
to Longeri Carlos, golang-nuts
Go v1.12.10 still has godoc in the installer package, so if you want it maybe you can choose previous version.

Best Regards

peterGo

Oct 9, 2019, 1:15:55 PM10/9/19
to golang-nuts
Longeri Carlos,

Go 1.13 Release Notes
https://golang.org/doc/go1.13

godoc and go doc
https://golang.org/doc/go1.13#godoc

The godoc webserver is no longer included in the main binary distribution. To run the godoc webserver locally, manually install it first:

go get golang.org/x/tools/cmd/godoc
godoc

Peter

Longeri Carlos

Oct 9, 2019, 1:36:03 PM10/9/19
to golang-nuts
Thanks, the windows installer does install the icon on the program list, maybe it should be fix.