Disable the module checksum and proxy

almaember

Mar 3, 2021, 6:36:51 AM3/3/21
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Hello golang-nuts!

Apparently, Golan 1.13 introduced a module proxy for the Go CLI. I know that by default this points to "proxy.golang.org".
This is fine for me right now, but I wanted to ask what the way to disable (that is, make the CLI request the module directly from the VCS server),
or point it to a different (possibly self-hosted) proxy.

I tried looking it up, but everything keeps linking to a section in the docs[1] that clearly does not exist anymore.

I also would like to know how to change the checksum server (again, possibly a self-hosted proxy to the real one), or disable it altogether.

Thanks,
Almaember

[1]: https://golang.org/cmd/go/#hdr-Module_downloading_and_verification

Brian Candler

Mar 3, 2021, 9:05:48 AM3/3/21
to golang-nuts
"The go command's download behavior may be configured using GOPROXY, GOSUMDB, GOPRIVATE, and other environment variables. See 'go help environment' and https://golang.org/ref/mod#private-module-privacy for more information."

"GOPROXY: URL of Go module proxy. See https://golang.org/ref/mod#environment-variables and https://golang.org/ref/mod#module-proxy for details.

GOPRIVATE, GONOPROXY, GONOSUMDB:  Comma-separated list of glob patterns (in the syntax of Go's path.Match) of module path prefixes that should always be fetched directly or that should not be compared against the checksum database. See https://golang.org/ref/mod#private-modules."

LastName Almaember

Mar 3, 2021, 5:00:20 PM3/3/21
to golang-nuts
Thank you for helping! BTW I'm the other person but I couldn't reply from my Protonmail account.