rebuild & reinstall pkg/tool/.../link

Liam

Oct 9, 2019, 6:10:36 AM10/9/19
to golang-nuts
I have the current 1.12 release from a Linux distro, installed in /usr/lib/go.

If I patch the linker source, how would I rebuild and reinstall pkg/tool/.../link ?

Jan Mercl

Oct 9, 2019, 6:17:57 AM10/9/19
to Liam, golang-nuts
On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 12:10 PM Liam <networ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the current 1.12 release from a Linux distro, installed in /usr/lib/go.
>
> If I patch the linker source, how would I rebuild and reinstall pkg/tool/.../link ?

I think there are two options:

- Learn how to make the distro's package from sources.
- Install Go from sources: https://golang.org/doc/install/source.

Liam Breck

Oct 9, 2019, 7:09:10 AM10/9/19
to Jan Mercl, golang-nuts
Hoping it's easier, as it has a full src directory installed, with src/cmd/link/*

Ian Lance Taylor

Oct 10, 2019, 12:01:00 AM10/10/19
to Liam, golang-nuts
On Wed, Oct 9, 2019 at 3:11 AM Liam <networ...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have the current 1.12 release from a Linux distro, installed in /usr/lib/go.
>
> If I patch the linker source, how would I rebuild and reinstall pkg/tool/.../link ?

It may depend on just what the Linux distro has done. The basic
command would be "go install cmd/link".

Ian