Getting 410 error from https://sum.golang.org/lookup/github.com for a private github repo

Dean Schulze

May 18, 2020, 4:02:38 PM5/18/20
to golang-nuts
Go get doesn't work with private servers that don't have a web serve set up on them.  So I've switched to a private repo on github.com.  I'm getting a 410 error now from some proxy.  Here's the command:

I get this error:

Does go get not work with private repos even on a public github?

Dean Schulze

May 18, 2020, 4:12:18 PM5/18/20
to golang-nuts
Just verified that this is not due to the repo being private.  It happens if the repo is public too.

On Monday, May 18, 2020 at 2:02:38 PM UTC-6, Dean Schulze wrote:
Go get doesn't work with private servers that don't have a web serve set up on them.  So I've switched to a private repo on github.com.  I'm getting a 410 error now from some proxy.  Here's the command:

I get this error:

Dimas Prawira

May 19, 2020, 1:34:26 AM5/19/20
to Dean Schulze, golang-nuts
I think this has issue reported

I have face same issue and what I do is to set sumdb off

$export GOSUMDB=off

and then re-gomod.

Hope that help

Regards
Dimas

James Mackerel

May 27, 2020, 11:46:28 PM5/27/20
to golang-nuts
You may try:

to disable sum check for some libraries. But try **not** to do this:

> $export GOSUMDB=off

or you may face security issue.

Yoon Sean

Sep 19, 2022, 10:01:22 PM9/19/22