How to create custom diameter application with go

afriyie...@gmail.com

Jun 27, 2019, 2:07:51 PM6/27/19
to golang-nuts

Hi all,

I cannot see diameter messages of my custom diameter application (Application-ID 16777255, code: 8388620) in Wireshark after modifying the go-diameter example server and client codes. Can you explain why am not seeing my custom application AVPs in Wireshark? What I did was to write a custom dictionary for my application and load it at both the server and the client, similar to the "hellodictionary" but defining all the application as well. I also modify the client settings to advertise the VendorSpecificApplication which is a group AVP containg the VendorID and ApplicationID AVPs. I modify the hello message request (HMR) and HMA handler at both client and server to contain the AVPs of my custom application (sendPLR/handlePLA). Running the server and the client code and using Wireshark,

  1. The transport connection (TCP) was established OK
  2. CER/CEA messages were exchanges successfully (Result Code=Success)
    however, I could not see the "sendPLR" from the client as well as the "handlePLA" response from the server in Wireshark before the DWR/DWA messages.

Is modifying the HM the right thing to do to be able to send my custom application AVPs (example MSISDN, IMEI, Location-Type, etc) which I have defined them in my custom dictionary or I have to do something else?

Thanks!!