Bitstring package?

hardcon...@gmail.com

Jun 29, 2020, 9:59:27 PM6/29/20
to golang-nuts
I'm looking for a package that implements arbitrary length bit strings and
supports set all, clear all, set and reading back of arbitrary bits and setting and clearing the next set or unset bit.

I've seen a couple of packages that come close. Does anyone know of a package that meets all my needs?

Is there a centralized search/lookup site for GO packages?

Thanks,

Joe

Dan Kortschak

Jun 29, 2020, 10:03:01 PM6/29/20
to hardcon...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Probably math/big.Int will do what you want.

Dan
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/golang-nuts/4a423427-186d-43df-8316-b62963fe5e1ao%40googlegroups.com
> .

Bakul Shah

Jun 29, 2020, 10:58:48 PM6/29/20
to hardcon...@gmail.com, golang-nuts

Jason E. Aten

Jun 30, 2020, 12:37:58 AM6/30/20
to golang-nuts

aurelien...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2020, 12:33:38 PM7/1/20
to golang-nuts
I made this bitstring package some time ago while I was experimenting with genetic algorithms in go.
I'm the only to use but I used it a lot, there are a bunch of tests/benchmarks.
Feel free to use it