Maddy - composable all-in-one mail server

hexaw...@gmail.com

May 20, 2020, 4:14:43 PM5/20/20
to golang-nuts
Hello,

I would like to introduce a project that, in my opinion, needs more attention as it has a great potential. It is a secure-by-default MTA and MDA implementation in a single server called Maddy, which works similarly to Caddy web server.
From what I witness, it is already working pretty well, despite being quite alpha-quality software.

You can read more about it on a GitHub page:

Cheers.

Adrian Ratnapala

May 22, 2020, 8:01:24 AM5/22/20
to hexaw...@gmail.com, golang-nuts
Thanks for plugging this.

Out of curiosity, what does "composable" mean in this case?

Adrian Ratnapala

Kevin Chadwick

May 25, 2020, 7:09:41 AM5/25/20
to golan...@googlegroups.com
Looks quite good, but when did security become interchangeable with encryption support.

"Single process model allows more efficient implementation."

Why does security so often take a back seat to security. Also I doubt the qmail or OpenSMTPD priv sep models would slow it down. It might, if tcp or the fs was used for better cross platform support 🤔

Qmail used fs in places to try to guarantee, no loss of messages, once accepted.