Goa-origin Scientists

35 visningar

Themistocles D'Silva

oläst,
29 nov. 2023 16:26:292023-11-29
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org

Adrian Afonso is credited with the discovery of the cholesterol lowering drug Zetia.® His pioneering work for the process of the synthesis of penems is still used today.

His research work is documented in 37 U.S. patents and several scientific publications, including a process for preparation of steroidal compounds, antiviral and anti-hypertensive compounds.

Visit the site for more.

Themistocles D'Silva

Adrian Afonso Inventor.pdf

Themistocles D'Silva

oläst,
1 dec. 2023 12:49:312023-12-01
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org

    "... By hotter winds our hearts are fanned:
    For lust of knowing what should not be known
    We take the Golden Road to .........”
James Elroy Flecker)

For the lust of knowing, Armando Aguiar travelled a little farther.
And we are the beneficiaries.
Read more...

Armando Aguiar Inventor.pdf

Themistocles D'Silva

oläst,
4 dec. 2023 08:46:142023-12-04
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org

Alessandro Volta was a chemist and physicist who is best known for inventing
one of the first electric batteries, the Voltaic Pile.

Julio Fleming Dias has pushed the frontiers in electronics a lot farther.

His inventions include patents on ultrasound imaging devices, invasive blood pressure devices,

intravascular ultrasound imaging devices, etc.

Julio Fleming Dias.pdf

Frederick Noronha

oläst,
4 dec. 2023 19:13:322023-12-04
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org
Themis, that's interesting!
Please see this:
Projects » Global Prominent Goans in STEM  (maybe inspired by your focus)
It lists:

* Engr. Victor J Menezes, MBA MP
* Dr. Augusto Brás Benjamin Dias de Sá e Sousa  (1852 - 1902)
* Dr. José Camilo Lisboa MP (1823 - 1897)
* Prof. Dr. Veronica Filomena Rodrigues, Fellow MP (1953 - 2010)
* Dr. Domingos Agostinho Felizardo de Sousa  (1859 - 1919)
* Engr. António Xavier Moraes  (1876 - 1952)
* Drª. Maria Emelina Antonieta da Cunha e Costa  (1873 - 1973)
* Dr. Orfino Damasceno Carlos Miguel José de Sá MP (1897 - 2002)
* Drª. Silvia Magdalena Sofia Cacilda de Sá MP (1907 - 1999)
* Dr. Viriato João Pinto  (1858 - 1917)
* Prof. Dr. Tomé Caetano Menino de Souza MP (1906 - 1996)
* Drª. Maria Luísa Beatriz da Cunha de Menezes Bragança,
  (Cancer Research Director.)  (1916 - 1983)
* Engr. António Sebastião dos Remédios Francisco
  Tomé Tristão de Bragança Cunha MP (1891 - 1958)
* Prof. José Julio de Bettencourt Rodrigues  (1843 - 1893)
* Dr. António Maria de Bettencourt Rodrigues  (1854 - 1933)
* Drª. Joana Joaquina Lucinda Pinto  (1895 - d.)
* Dr. Joaquim António de Jesus Bossuet Afonso MP (1881 - 1957)
* Dr. Júlio Cunha Gonçalves  (1881 - 1963)
* Dr. Caetano Xavier dos Remédios Furtado  (1897 - 1980)
* Dr. Augusto Brás Benjamin Dias de Sá e Sousa
* Prof. Dr. Indalêncio Pascoal Froilano de Melo MP (1887 - 1955)
* Padre José Custódio de Faria, (Father of Hypnotism.) MP (1756 - 1819)
* Dr. Rosendo Ayres Ribeiro de Santana, (OBE.) MP (1870 - 1951)
* Dr. Rosendo Ayres Ribeiro, Pioneer Doctor in Kenya
* Prof. Dr. Francisco Luís Gomes, (Scientist.) MP (1829 - 1869)
* Engr. Luis Gonzaga Bismarck Dias  (1894 - 1949)
* Prof Dr Manuel Vicente Alfredo da Costa MP (1859 - 1910)
* Prof. Dr. Manuel Vicente Alfredo da Costa
* Dr. Caetano António Cláudio Julio Raimundo da Gama Pinto
  (1853 - 1945)
* Dr Ernest Joachim Joseph Borges MP (1909 - 1969)
* Dr. Acácio Gabriel Viégas MP (1856 - 1933)
* Prof. Emeritus John Lawrence Anthony Nazareth MP
* Dr. Yvonne Mae Freitas, (PhD.)  (1929 - 2012)
* Dr. Renato Sebastião Gracias, MP (1912 - 2009)
* Dr Daniel Gelasio Dalgado MP (c.1852 - 1923)
* Dr Aires Agnelo Barnabe Barros D'Sa, O.B.E. MP (1939-2007)
* Dr. Francisco Luís Filipe Cupertino Archanjo de
  Anunciação Saldanha, (MD)  (1867 - 1933)
* Dr. Colin Saldanha MP
* Carl Rodrigues MP
* Prof. Dr. Bernard Felinov Rodrigues, (Roiz) MP
* Prof. Dr. Raimundo Venâncio Rodrigues MP (1813 - 1879)
* Prof. Dr. José Júlio Rodrigues,
  (Escola polytechnica de Lisboa.) MP (1812 - d.)
* Prof. Dr. Engr. Shaun José Rodrigues MP
* Engr. Júlio Fleming Rodrigues Dias, (Scientist
  & Inventor) MP (1927 - 2009)

FN

John de Figueiredo

oläst,
4 dec. 2023 20:01:022023-12-04
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org
Frederick
I thought Themis is only interested in holders of patents.
John
Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 4, 2023, at 7:13 PM, Frederick Noronha <frederic...@gmail.com> wrote:

fredericknoronha

oläst,
4 dec. 2023 20:02:252023-12-04
till Goa-Research-Net
Did Abbe Faria hold one?
More seriously, this is not a list I created... but just thought of pointing to it nonetheless.
FN

Themistocles D'Silva

oläst,
4 dec. 2023 20:19:012023-12-04
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org
Scientists who have made significant contributions to push the frontiers of knowledge will be now be considered.
It has become apparently that those in academia doing research only publish and may not have patents.

Luis Dias

oläst,
5 dec. 2023 04:18:152023-12-05
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org
My dad (the late Dr. Manuel Dias) was his first cousin, younger by just a year,  and they were hostel-mates in Wadia College Poona.

Fleming was inventing even then. He had devised an alarm clock that would first ring, then start giving you gentle electric shocks to coax you to wake up!

I used to love to listen to their stories of college life in Poona. They made it sound so romantic!

Best,

Luis

_____________________________
Dr. Luis Francisco Dias
Casa da Moeda
Near Head Post Office
Panaji, Goa - 403001
INDIA

Tel: (+91) 9011051950
http://luisdias.wordpress.com
http://www.childsplayindia.org

Themistocles D'Silva

oläst,
8 dec. 2023 10:38:172023-12-08
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com, goa...@goanet.org
Dr. Helekar is a co-inventor of the Transcranial Rotating Permanent Magnet
Stimulator (TRPMS), a device used in clinical trials.

His studies have demonstrated that bird song study gives clues to human
stuttering.
Santosh Helekar.pdf

Santosh Helekar

oläst,
9 dec. 2023 02:27:202023-12-09
till Goa-Research-Net
Thanks Dr. D'Silva for posting this. To avoid confusion, I would like to make the following clarifications.

I have invented 4 medical devices so far:

1. Transcranial Rotating Permanent Magnet Stimulator (TRPMS) (co-invented in 2013 with Dr. Henning Voss of Cornell University) aimed at treating stroke, depression and other neuropsychiatric conditions.
2. Oncomagnetic Device (invented by me in 2019, and on which I have an active research collaboration with other researchers at my institution) aimed at treating brain cancers.
3. Sentiometer (invented by me in 2022) aimed at measuring the level of consciousness under general anesthesia, during sleep and meditation, in unresponsive patients with brain damage, etc.
4. Qualiagraph (invented by me in 2023 and is under development) aimed at detecting the contents of consciouness.

There are 8 granted patents so far on the first two devices and several other patents are pending.
All patents on the remaining two devices have been filed recently and are pending.

I have also invented an artificial intelligence-based method to assist with personalized treatment using the first two devices. The patent for it is also pending.

Cheers,

Santosh

V M

oläst,
10 dec. 2023 05:11:452023-12-10
till goa-rese...@googlegroups.com
What an interesting and potentially revolutionary set of devices and ideas! Huge congratulations, Santosh! Viva!

VM

#2, Second Floor, Navelkar Trade Centre, Panjim, Goa
Cellphone 9326140754
Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra