Cuncolim to have a town library (Nida Sayed, TOINS)

Frederick Noronha

Sep 19, 2018, 9:42:54 AM9/19/18
to goa-bo...@googlegroups.com, Goanet
PANAJI: Bibliophiles from  Cuncolim will soon have their thirst for reading satiated as the Goa state central library is expanding the tentacles of its storehouse of knowledge to Cuncolim by setting up a new town library.

Much like its Patto-Panaji counterpart, the library in Cuncolim will be equipped with modern amenities for students and book lovers. This will include a well-stocked reference section, an e-library and a study room that will be kept open late.

“We are in the process of starting the library shortly,” said curator of Goa state central library Carlos Fernandes. “It will have reading material in English and vernacular languages besides having a secure internet connection.” The library will be set up within the premises of the Cuncolim municipality.

Fernandes also said that the library premises will be fully air-conditioned while the internet connection would be acquired through Goa broadband network (GBBN). The library will also make available an online book search platform for quickly finding books of one’s choice.

The library will have separate sections of books for children, senior citizens, newspapers and magazines in four languages, as well as ten PCs for internet browsing. There will also be a separate Goa section equipped with fiction and non-fiction books on Goa or written by Goans and diaspora writers, besides local magazines. “We have plans to start more such libraries in the state that will have all the latest reading facilities,” Fernandes said. “Over the coming months, we will open a district library in Mapusa and a town library in Sanquelim.”

Read more at:
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/65662914.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst
--
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
_/

FM N

Sep 20, 2018, 4:56:00 AM9/20/18
to goa-bo...@googlegroups.com, Goanet
Something good.

--
*** Please be polite and on-topic in your posts. ***

Edwin Fernandes

Sep 24, 2018, 12:10:01 PM9/24/18
to goa-bo...@googlegroups.com
Good to know Frederick,