FFT viewer

Ahmet Anil Dindar

Aug 20, 2018, 4:17:22 AM8/20/18
to Glue users
Dear all,
I wonder whether FFT viewer is available in Glue?

Best regards from Istanbul.

Ahmet

Alyssa Goodman

Aug 20, 2018, 5:57:18 PM8/20/18
to glue...@googlegroups.com, Ahmet Anil Dindar, Thomas Robitaille
Good question Ahmet—answer is not yet, but you could surely write a plug in!?
 I’ll let others explain further.  Thanks for your interest—Alyssa

Ahmet Anil Dindar

Aug 21, 2018, 4:32:37 AM8/21/18
to Glue users
Good question :)

I am not a developer indeed but able to do FFT in my scripts. I have read the custom viewer documents yesterday. It is a challenge to me. My answer is I am not able to complete writing fft viewer in short time. If you start a group, I'd like to do my best within the group.

By this way, I learn better in custom viewer development. Because Glue is a nice program that I'd like to add some features regarding earthquake engineering.

Regards.

Ahmet

Alyssa Goodman

Aug 21, 2018, 10:46:47 PM8/21/18
to glue...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Robitaille
Thanks Ahmet. I think Tom Robitaille may be in touch soon, if he’s not been already. Glad to hear you find glue useful in earthquake engineering!

Best,
Alyssa

Ahmet Anil Dindar

Aug 22, 2018, 9:46:26 AM8/22/18
to glue...@googlegroups.com, Thomas Robitaille
Actually, Thomas contacted me via Slack the day before yesterday, and recommended reviewing the docs about custom viewer. If I intend to develop the plug-in myself, it would be very ambitious attempt :)

Glue has a great potential in earthquake engineering since it allows using python scripting within the program. This is great for people like me who can write simple scripts. I believe EQE engineering community will benefit a lot from Glue once they are aware of it.

Greetings from Istanbul.

Ahmet

Alyssa Goodman

Aug 22, 2018, 10:38:48 AM8/22/18
to glue...@googlegroups.com, Ahmet Anil Dindar, Thomas Robitaille
Thanks again Ahmet.  Would you like us to send you some glue stickers or other “publicity” material to give to your colleagues at an upcoming EQE event/meeting?  If so, please send us your address.

Good luck!
Alyssa

Ahmet Anil Dindar

Aug 22, 2018, 11:25:09 AM8/22/18
to agoo...@cfa.harvard.edu, glue...@googlegroups.com, thomas.p....@gmail.com
The soonest gatherings are European Seismology Conference (2-6 September) in Malta, then Advances in Civil Engineering ( 12-14 September) in Izmir.

Publicity is always good :) I appreciate your kind giving-out. My postal address is just below;

Ahmet Anil Dindar, Gebze Technical University, Civil Engineering Department (Insaat Muh Bolumu), Cayirova Campus, 41400, Gebze, Kocaeli, Turkey.

Best regards

Ahmet