Glue v0.7.0 released!

Thomas Robitaille

Mar 17, 2016, 11:52:57 AM3/17/16
to glue...@googlegroups.com, glue-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

We are happy to announce the release of Glue v0.7.0!

Changes in this release

A large fraction of the code has been re-organized in order to make the code base more approachable for new contributors. The documentation now includes sections on explaining various aspects of the Glue Architecture as well as how to get started with Contributing to Glue (which includes an overview of the new layout of the code). If you are interesting in contributing to the Glue code, please get in touch, and I'll help you get started!

As a result of the reorganization, it is possible that some imports in your Glue scripts will need to be updated. You can find more information about which imports have changed in this page. We have also tried to make sure that old session files will still load correctly. However, if you run into issues with old session files or scripts, please let us know and we will fix the issues as quickly as possible.

This release also includes a number of improvements and bug fixes, as well as some internal changes needed for upcoming 3D functionality, which we will announce very soon!

More information about this release can be found at:

Installing/updating Glue

We recommend installing Glue using the Anaconda Python Distribution. Once you have Anaconda installed (or Miniconda, a minimal version of Anaconda), you can install or update glue by simply typing:

  conda install glueviz

in a terminal. This will install Glue as well as all of the required dependencies. You can install any additional optional dependencies using pip or the glue-deps command if needed.

You can also install or update Glue by clicking on Install in the Anaconda Launcher:

Inline images 2

If you are using a Mac and prefer to use the standalone Mac app (which comes with its own built-in version of Python), you can still find the latest stable version here:

but note that it can be harder to customize the Mac app, and it will not be possible for you to install third-party plugins for now. Therefore, for more flexibility in future, we recommend using the conda package.

Please let us know if you run into any issues, and thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

Cheers,
Tom