ANN: glue-vispy-viewers v0.4 released!

Thomas Robitaille

May 25, 2016, 12:07:26 PM5/25/16
to glue...@googlegroups.com, glue-v...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

With the glue v0.8 release out of the door, we are happy to also let you know that the plugin with the experimental 3D viewers for glue – glue-vispy-viewers – also has a new release (v0.4).

Since the last time I advertised these plugins, there have been a number of improvements, including:
  • The ability to select data in the 3D viewers
  • The ability to save and restore Glue sessions with 3D viewers
  • Optimizations of the panels on the left hand side of the application for small screens
  • The ability to save static views of the 3D viewers to files
  • A toolbar icon to continuously rotate the view
  • A toolbar icon to record an animation to a GIF file (this requires the imageio package to be installed)
  • A number of bug fixes that affected usability
  • The ability to switch between an orthogonal and perspective projection
This plugin can now be installed using Anaconda:

  conda install -c conda-forge glue-vispy-viewers

or if you use pip:

  pip install glue-vispy-viewers --upgrade --no-deps

Thanks!

Tom Robitaille and Penny Qian