Spring Program ESRI Redistricting Online

justin.cole.gis

Apr 27, 2021, 1:28:27 PM4/27/21
to GIS_SIG

Please join us for our Spring Program. The Gerry Aiken and Mackenzie O’Brien from Esri will present on the Redistricting Online tools

When: Wednesday, May 12, 2021, from 12 PM to 1:00 PM EST

Where: Online

Cost: Free

Registrationhttp://bit.ly/GISSIGMay2021Reg

Abstract

Redistricting is a constitutionally mandated activity that occurs every 10 years following a Census that determines the districts for the House of Representatives. As such, Redistricting is a governmental effort that isn’t talked about much until we get around the time to take a Census. The 2020 Census has concluded, and Redistricting efforts are heating up already as State and Local Governments prepare to redraw boundaries starting in the Summer of 2021.
Esri Redistricting is offered as either SaaS or a Managed Services or On-Prem deployment, that enables governments, advocates, and citizens to complete and securely share compliant redistricting plans. It is important to note that Redistricting is a GIS activity done by non-GIS professionals. Often the end users are lawyers, consultants, and activists or advocates who have no formal training in GIS or exposure to our software. Wizard-driven workflows help users who would otherwise not be aware of typical GIS tools or processes.