Sweaty Penguin podcast

Stacy VanDeveer

Nov 4, 2021, 4:36:58 PM11/4/21
to Gep-Ed

GEP colleagues,

I can’t recall if anyone has posted about the Sweaty Penguin podcast. So, just in case they have not, I wanted to plug it on this list.

Very interdisciplinary, with a wide range of environment and sustainability related topics.

My colleague Maria Ivanova has a recent one on UNEP reform, I had one a while back on rethinking natural resources, Henrik Selin & Noelle Selin had one on Mercury, Harriet Bulkeley on urban green space… and other cool topics like monsoons, succulents, sea turtles and chicken.

And check out the one on Chocolate by geographer Prof. Carodenuto from mid-October!

You might find lots of things for possible syllabi inclusion and/or to pass the time on bikes, planes, trains and automobiles.

Cheers,

--Stacy

--

Stacy D. VanDeveer

Chair, Department of Conflict Resolution, Human Security & Global Governance

Professor, Global Governance & Human Security

McCormack Graduate School of Policy & Global Studies

University of Massachusetts Boston

www.global.umb.edu

Selin, Henrik

Nov 4, 2021, 6:26:49 PM11/4/21
to Gep-Ed
The Sweaty Penguin was started by some of my former students at Boston University during the beginning of the Covid pandemic. They have now graduated and keep doing great things with the podcast. As Stacy said, it can be useful for both listening purposes and for finding materials for syllabi.

Henrik

Henrik Selin
Associate Dean for Studies
Associate Professor
Frederick S Pardee School of Global Studies
Boston University