Broken zip files on export dump

Gasper Jeklin

Apr 7, 2022, 6:54:28 AM4/7/22
to GeoNames
Greetings,

I've noticed all .zip files are broken on the export dump after the last update on 2022-04-07 02:21.

https://download.geonames.org/export/dump/

- Gasper

Marc Wick

Apr 7, 2022, 7:01:45 AM4/7/22
to geon...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gasper

Yes, there was an issue with a database export and the subsequent file
export had some missing data.
The problem has been fixed and the data is available now.

Best Regards

Marc
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geonames/93e70613-fefa-4f95-84e6-24c4e22afeb0n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geonames/93e70613-fefa-4f95-84e6-24c4e22afeb0n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Pedro Manuel Baeza Romero

Apr 10, 2022, 11:56:11 AM4/10/22
to geon...@googlegroups.com
Is it possible to not delete previous files until the new one is ready so that no empty dir is found in these cases? There has been several times already that this has happened, and it's not the ideal to wait until the underlying problem is solved for getting any of the files that may not be incorrect (the only possibility is to be "outdated" one day AFAIK).

Regards.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geonames/c95320da-c24b-43a1-efa8-4db5f7c1e3e4%40geonames.org.