allcountries.txt accuracy

Grégoire

Jul 23, 2019, 8:03:40 AM7/23/19
to GeoNames
Hey, I saw on the allcountries.txt several rows with accuracy value not in the legend. It says "accuracy : accuracy of lat/lng from 1=estimated, 4=geonameid, 6=centroid of addresses or shape" but they are some accuracy values (3 and 5); I don't know what does it mean.

Best regards,
Grégoire

Marc Wick

Jul 23, 2019, 11:03:46 AM7/23/19
to geon...@googlegroups.com, Grégoire
Grégoire

It means 6 is the max and 1 is the min. The other values are in between.
So 2 is better than 1 but not as good as 3, etc.

Best Regards

Marc
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geonames/b1254855-28d8-445b-b7e0-44707cbbb282%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/geonames/b1254855-28d8-445b-b7e0-44707cbbb282%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Esaie Bellevue

Aug 27, 2020, 4:13:16 PM8/27/20
to GeoNames
Hi All,

I am a beginner.

I want to create my own place ontology (possibly by initializing it from geonames). and Provide association name of place: geometry

Help me please.

Best regards.