How long does it take new IDs to propagate into the API?

Ethan Gruber

Apr 2, 2020, 3:16:41 PM4/2/20
to GeoNames
Hi,

I've created a few new IDs that I need in order to normalize some geographic data. I am able to do a text search in the HTML interface in Geonames to find them (e.g., https://www.geonames.org/12148994/ionia.html). But I get a "the geoname feature does not exist" response from the Get API (http://api.geonames.org/get?geonameId=12148994&username=[username]&style=medium), and a similar response when requesting RDF. How long does it take for new data to propagate into the various APIs?

Thanks,
Ethan

Heino Smed

May 20, 2020, 5:04:10 PM5/20/20
to GeoNames
Hi Ethan

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?

Best Heino

Ethan Gruber

May 22, 2020, 3:18:08 AM5/22/20
to geon...@googlegroups.com
I find that the links to the RDF and the API responses are now working, but I don't know for how long. It certainly took at least 2 or 3 weeks. Perhaps the new IDs are propagated monthly?