WMTS Zeitreise in ArcGIS Products

App SNP

Jan 28, 2022, 4:38:03 AM1/28/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Allegra,

is there a possibility to access the single time slices of the WMTS services "SWISSIMAGE Zeitreise" and "Zeitreise - Kartenwerke" with ArcGIS Pro?

Thanks!

GeoAdminCh API

Jan 28, 2022, 4:41:07 AM1/28/22
to GeoAdminCh API
If ArcGISPro supports the time parameter it should work: you can try the WMTS http://api.geo.admin.ch/services/sdiservices.html#wmts , free access

David...@swisstopo.ch

Jan 28, 2022, 7:54:24 AM1/28/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

We informed ESRI about it—seems not to be supported

Marc Monnerat

Jan 28, 2022, 9:15:54 AM1/28/22
to geoadmin-api
No 100% sure to understand what you want, but QGIS and ArcMap both support accessing a specific  {timestamp} of these layers

arcgis_wmts (2).png

Regards,

Marc Monnerat

Всё идёт по плану

David...@swisstopo.ch

Jan 28, 2022, 9:44:47 AM1/28/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Found a workaround for ArcGISPRO

Make sure you work in 3857

Add in this form

https://wmts.geo.admin.ch/1.0.0/ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen/default/{time}/3857/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

eg with date JJJJMMDD

https://wmts.geo.admin.ch/1.0.0/ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen/default/18611231/3857/{z}/{x}/{y}.png

in

Then add the url above

Webpark Nationalpark-CH

Feb 1, 2022, 11:44:34 AM2/1/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Thanks, David, it works!

Webpark Nationalpark-CH

Feb 21, 2022, 11:25:21 AM2/21/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello!
Whenever I integrate a single year of the Zeitreise from the swisstopo WMTS (national maps or swissimage) into ArcGIS Pro (in the way as mentioned above) the following Service Layer Credits are shown:
(c) OpenStreetMap (and) contributors, CC-BY-SA
This credit is not shown when I integrate a layer from the swisstopo WMTS via Catalog.
Can you help?

Thanks and kind regards,
Tamara
swissimage_wmts_zeitrese_credits.PNG

David Oesch

Feb 21, 2022, 11:52:24 AM2/21/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Webpark Nationalpark-CH

Feb 21, 2022, 12:32:16 PM2/21/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Thanks, David. As the source doesn't appear with an integrated WMTS layer it seemed a Zeitreise problem to me. Everything OK now.

Damian Schneider

May 19, 2022, 10:45:54 AM5/19/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello,

How do i import the Swissimage Zeitreise in Arc GIS Pro as  David...@swisstopo.ch mentioned above with following step:  Add Data -->Data from Path
I want to insert the different " Luftbilder" from 1970 till today in Arc GIS Pro

I have changed the link as follows:

Where do i find the right date from the different "Luftbilder"?

Anyone has the answer? And the right link to insert?

Thanks and greetings
Damian

David Oesch

May 19, 2022, 11:47:55 AM5/19/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

Damian Schneider

May 23, 2022, 2:32:11 AM5/23/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Thank you David for the hint.

Does not work. I got the tiled service Layer in Arc GIS Pro , but without the image?.
Where is the mistake?

Thank you

David...@swisstopo.ch

May 23, 2022, 4:51:10 AM5/23/22
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

No 100% sure to understand what you want, but QGIS and ArcMap both support accessing a specific  {timestamp} of these layers

Regards,

Marc Monnerat

Damian Schneider

May 23, 2022, 8:13:14 AM5/23/22
to GeoAdminCh API
Now it's working.
Thank you very much.

The problem was also that not every Time stamp that is listed in the getcapabilities has actually an image in the background.
So that was a bit irritating.

Greetings
Damian

Patricia Meier

Feb 27, 2023, 10:05:29 AM2/27/23
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello

I try to use the Zeitfreise WMTS, but it always gives me the same timestamp. I took the URL David Oesch used  https://wmts.geo.admin.ch/1.0.0/ch.swisstopo.zeitreihen/default/18611231/3857/{z}/{x}/{y}.png and the server's answer is still the same timestamp in ArcGIS Pro as in QGIS. Is something wrong with WMTS or did I missunderstood something?
2023-02-27_15-20-42.jpg2023-02-27_15-20-23.jpg

Greetings, Patricia

David...@swisstopo.ch

Feb 27, 2023, 10:45:14 AM2/27/23
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com