Retrieving "place names" according to a geo position

Fabien Udriot

Oct 15, 2021, 3:29:05 AM10/15/21
to GeoAdminCh API
Hello,

I am new to the GeoAdmin API.

For a mobile app, I need to retrieve a "place names" (lieux-dits / Flurname) given a geo position. We can see at the bottom of the article what is exactly meant with "place names" https://www.swisstopo.admin.ch/en/knowledge-facts/toponymie.html

How can I do that?

I didn't find a quick answer reading the REST API docs.

I was imagining giving as input a GPS coordinate and retrieving a "place name" as output. Is it possible?

Thanks for your input.

Fabien

David...@swisstopo.ch

Oct 18, 2021, 4:30:59 AM10/18/21
to geoadm...@googlegroups.com

this can be done with the search service: http://api.geo.admin.ch/services/sdiservices.html#search , see examples eg Search for locations matching the word “wabern”: https://api3.geo.admin.ch/rest/services/api/SearchServer?searchText=wabern&type=locations

Search for locations of type “parcel” and “district” (the origins): https://api3.geo.admin.ch/rest/services/api/SearchServer?searchText=bern&origins=parcel,district&type=locations  etc