Hello and help

chuck

May 26, 2022, 6:22:01 PM5/26/22
to Gentleman Cyclist
I just found "Gentleman Cyclist" My name is Chuck Hughes, I'm in Westwood Ma. Please consider this to be my introduction.
 I've collected British lightweights and not so British lightweights for about 35 years.I own some thirty British classics. In the past few years, I have concentrated on Moulton F Frames.  I'm a member of the New England Chapter of the Veteran Cycle Club.
Now for the help I need
    I have a 30's Royal Enfield.  No big deal, I know but this is unique ( I believe) in that it has both a Cyclo rear and a Cyclo front derailleur, Everything works fine BUT it is missing the front plate for the front derailleur.
 So, and I know this is a long shot, if you happen to have a face plate for a late 30's Cyclo front derailleur, please let me know. Thanks Chuck Hughes Westwood Ma

Kit Spackman

May 26, 2022, 6:57:24 PM5/26/22
to Gentleman Cyclist
Moulton F Frames?

Now you're talking my kind of bike Chuck. 🙂
OK, I'm actually in the UK so it's a bit easier for me to find them, but which models do you have please?
I have a 1970s Moulton Major, a 1965 Moulton Speedix that I've been re-building for the past 30 yrs, and the first Mouton Safari sold to the public, which I ordered from the Moulton stand at the 1962 Cycle Show.

I've got a more modern APB land Rover in green too.

Regards
Kit Spackman
MBC No. 862

May 26, 2022, 8:05:46 PM5/26/22
to Gentleman Cyclist
Hi Kit
 Nice to meet you. Also nice to meet another Moulton fan
 I have  a couple of Stowaways, APB  TRS and 8 other complete 4 speeds
Your collection sounds great. I don't come across any other models other than the  4 Speeds and the Stowaways. .The UK is the place to be is you are an Moulton aficionado !
As to what model front Der. I haven't a clue. I believe the bike is from the late 30's. Front and rear drum brakes. Three speed external rear with the Cyclo rear Der. Tomorrow, I'll be happy to send a picture of the bike and a closeup of the front der and maybe you can help me sort it out. Thanks Chuck  Hughes  Westwood  Ma USA

brier...@aol.com

May 26, 2022, 8:20:33 PM5/26/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Chuck and Kit

I hope you two get to  know each other and Kit can help Chuck with his Royal Enfield .  Kit, I met you via Jon Sharratt in Minneapolis long ago and, Chuck, we know each other through the New England region of the V-CC.  As the saying goes, it’s a small world.  Both of you are very knowledgeable and enjoyable to talk with.  Good luck finding the piece for the Royal Enfield.

Dave Brierley

Sent from Windows Mail

charles hughes

May 26, 2022, 10:33:31 PM5/26/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com

Hi David

It is a small world. Hope things are good with you. Have you ever seen an early  Cyclo  wrap around cable front Der?   Chuck

Sent from Mail for Windows