Trike

Ian Lindridge

Sep 12, 2022, 6:18:33 PM9/12/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Anyone have an e-assist recumbent tadpole trike for sale?
Ian Lindridge

Jon Culver

Sep 15, 2022, 10:26:12 AM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com

Ian Lindridge

Sep 15, 2022, 12:50:30 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jon. I've watched a youtube video of a fellow called Row Tater who rides one of these; an interesting machine. However I'm more interested in a road machine. My ICE Trice T (now Adventure) is perfect. Can't find any dealer close by who would convert this to e-assist. Getting a "yes, we can do that" from anyone, even Utah Trikes or Hostel Shoppe has been impossible. But they will sell me a new ICE Adventure e-assist.......
Ian Lindridge
ps: coincidentally, I have a friend who goes to Wichita regularly to visit family.

Paulos, Richard G

Sep 15, 2022, 1:05:02 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Where I live, the streets are so bad, that would be considered a road machine.

Rick
Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

Thanks Jon. I've watched a youtube video of a fellow called Row Tater who rides one of these; an interesting machine. However I'm more interested in a road machine. My ICE Trice T (now Adventure) is perfect. Can't find any dealer close by who would convert this to e-assist. Getting a "yes, we can do that" from anyone, even Utah Trikes or Hostel Shoppe has been impossible. But they will sell me a new ICE Adventure e-assist.......
Ian Lindridge
ps: coincidentally, I have a friend who goes to Wichita regularly to visit family.

Found the other day iffn yer interested.

Eric

On Mon, Sep 12, 2022, 17:18 Ian Lindridge <ian.li...@gmail.com<mailto:ian.li...@gmail.com>> wrote:
Anyone have an e-assist recumbent tadpole trike for sale?
Ian Lindridge
651-485-6713

ian.li...@gmail.com<mailto:ian.li...@gmail.com>

Ian Lindridge

Sep 15, 2022, 1:35:03 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Rick - 😃
Ian Lindridge

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gentlemancyclist/PH0PR04MB7191F56F4731D484B40FC176EF499%40PH0PR04MB7191.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

John Johnston III

Sep 15, 2022, 1:50:54 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Hi Rick -

Are you going to the HPV races at Hawkeye Downs in a couple of weeks ?

- John

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gentlemancyclist/PH0PR04MB7191F56F4731D484B40FC176EF499%40PH0PR04MB7191.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Paulos, Richard G

Sep 15, 2022, 2:40:40 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
maybe.  I am managing the local bike coop on saturdays. ABCE this weekend, (I got a sub for that).  Will the ABCE be enough training for the HPR races?  Gone from the coop wo weeks in a row for the second time this year?  I would be doing the unfaired race each day.  I've tried to participate every year when it doesn't conflict with ABCE and I have a 'bent' on hand.  I don't have a racing hpv so I use what ever is around each year.  Hypercycle, Linear, Sun-Easy Racer, BikeE.   One of these years I'll take a traditional road bike and smash all my personal records for the event.

Schedule of events:
Saturday September 24th, 2022
9:00am track opens
9:00-12:00 HPRA race registration
12:30 Trike races, Inner horseshoe
1:30 All faired classes 25 Lap race, Outer horseshoe.
2:30 All unfaired classes 1 hour race, 1/2 mile oval.
4:00 All classes 1 lap flying TT, 1/2 mile oval

Sunday September 25th
8:00 track opens/registration for stragglers
9:00 All unfaired classes, Outer horseshoe lap race
10:30 All faired classes 1 hour race, 1/2 mile oval
12:00 All classes 3/4 mile standing start drag race, 1/4 mile oval, 1/2mile oval.
1:00 Awards/all events finished by 1:00

ref:

John Johnston III

Sep 15, 2022, 4:09:40 PM9/15/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
I will see you at the ABCE this weekend, and the plan is to be at Hawkeye Downs also.

I also need to remember to give you something we talked about several years ago.

- John

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gentlemancyclist/PH0PR04MB71914E88B73E551F35CC2C86EF499%40PH0PR04MB7191.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

Owen Lloyd

Sep 20, 2022, 2:22:07 PM9/20/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Hi all

  There are e assist kits that can be added to your trike.  I installed one for a friend of mine on his trike earlier this year and it works quite well.

Owen

Ian Lindridge

Sep 20, 2022, 2:46:58 PM9/20/22
to gentlema...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Owen. Self install is beyond me now & the shops I talked to aren't interested.
 Yesterday i bought a TerraTrike Gran Tourismo with a Bosch mid drive. Now I've got an e-assist but I still have the ICE Trice T that I'd originally wanted to retro-fit an e-assist. I wanted a Bosch mid drive but now I'm considering a rear hub drive. It's been a bit boggling that LBS's won't install & in some cases not return phone calls or e-mails (Hostel Shoppe, Utah Trikes). All happy to sell me a new trike tho'.......
 The Shimano Steps were complicated, the Bosch controls are super easy - on/off +/- for up and down assist power. I have 1/4 mile so far & it's quite different........I still say I don't need e-assist, skeletally I'm sound, just can't see the pastry hanging in front of my eyes........
Ian Lindridge