Issue with custom color palette in HierarchicalClusteringImage module

Sara Haddock

Dec 14, 2021, 6:05:58 PM12/14/21
to GenePattern Help Forum
Hi GenePattern team,

GenePattern keeps throwing errors when I try to generate a hierarchical clustering image with custom colors.  The most recent attempt was job # 398902.  The error message ("An error occurred while parsing the color palette") is not very informative and I have no clue what might be wrong!

Thanks in advance for your help.

-Sara

Anthony Castanza

Dec 16, 2021, 2:42:26 PM12/16/21
to genepatt...@googlegroups.com

Hi Sara,

It looks like there was an issue with the color codes used in the palette. The color codes need to be a hex value but these all had a trailing "FF" value making them octets, probably an alpha (transparency) code that the module wasn't accepting. I was able to confirm that stripping those values out allows the module to plot with this palette and that it will plot with the expected inferno color space. I've attached the fixed palette here.

-Anthony

Anthony S. Castanza, PhD
Mesirov Lab, Department of Medicine
University of California, San Diego