Fwd: [Genealogia] The link provided is the new research on the...​ Francisco Baez de Benavides is a descendant of the last royal family of Gran Canaria Islands (they were Guanche).

Genealogía de México

Dec 27, 2014, 3:08:14 PM12/27/14
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Levi Villarreal
Date: 2014-12-27 5:28 GMT-06:00
Subject: [Genealogia] The link provided is the new research on the...

Levi Villarreal
Levi Villarreal 27 de diciembre de 2014 5:28
The link provided is the new research on the ancestors of Capt. Francisco Baez Benavides, conquistador of Nuevo Leon, conducted by the reputable Genealogical Society of the Canary Islands. According to the research,
​​
Francisco Baez de Benavides is a descendant of the last royal family of Gran Canaria Islands (they were Guanche). His ancestors also became conquistadors of the island of Tenerife in 1493. His ancestor Autindana was the brother to princess Tenesoya who married Maciot Bethancourt. The paper work to his ancestry exist to prove his descent; not to mention Tenesoya noble papers as well. Please contact the society via their facebook or email if you have questions and to thank them for this invaluable research. http://segeheca.blogspot.com/2014/05/conferencia-los-ara-una-familia-de.html

ctbena

Apr 13, 2015, 6:58:41 PM4/13/15
to genealog...@googlegroups.com

Gaunche Ancestors of  Francisco Baez de Benavides

Interesting article published by a group with a name that is more impressive than their regard or disregard for basic rules of Genealogy or Pedigree research. They rely on information from a book recently written by an unknown author who failed to provide verifiable citations. Unfortunately, his story becomes one of the "He said, she said" type. Unfortunately, because some of us want to know  more about our ancestors, and like I, spend a lot of time researching leads like this one. After reviewing all books mentioned in the article, yes, all except the recent one where the story begins because I was unable to find it. What I did find in the these books was more than three Individuals named Gonzalo Baez and one Gonzalo Vaez defined by name and residence, all in "Islas Canarias", and same time period. I also found several Maria Perdomos, but none with a Gonzalo Baez or Gonzalo Baez with Maria Perdomo. Don't get me wrong for my response and comments about the story, I do respect and admire the efforts of a group or person that takes their time and effort to pursue and publish Historical stories or information related to genealogy. I believe their effort is with good intentions and it's up to the readers to confirm or reject what cannot be verified. No citation No story, No source No citation-because we all know Francisco Baez de Benavides no se marchó a San Antonio, which was founded in 1718.