Google Trainer Question

Sonja Hartley

Jun 8, 2020, 6:45:43 PM6/8/20
to GEG Georgia USA
Google Family,

         Again, I have questions. I've encountered so many since we've gone to Virtual Learning & Instruction.

I have been approached by an individual on LinkedIn with Google Questions. She's asked about training materials & resources. The questions were extensive. Eventually, I offered to just give her an overview of what Google for Education is all about during a Google Meet. (Keep in mind. I do not know this individual personally) Today, prior to our meeting, I am looking over her LinkedIn account again. She's added both Google Level 1 and Trainer Assessment Certificate to her profile and has posted that she is offering Google Training. So here are the two questions.

1. Is this something that has happened to anyone prior? Being asked numerous questions about training materials & resources?
2. Wouldn't this be considered a falsified advertisement? Displaying Google Trainer Skills Assessment but offering training services?

I do not want to sound 'petty'. I'm trying to get clarification. Most of the questions she's asked me were general Google questions that someone that utilizes Google regularly would be familiar with. I hope someone reads this. Our meeting is in an hour.

Erin Fields

Jun 8, 2020, 7:12:56 PM6/8/20
to Sonja Hartley, GEG Georgia USA
Hey Sonja,

You can feel free to direct this person to me :)

I'm not sure what you mean by a Google Trainer Skills Assessment - there is a Google Trainer Certification, is that it?  If they are offering paid training services, they need to be a registered partner.  It sounds like this person simply misunderstood the process or wording.  Happy to help however I can.
  •  Erin Fields
  •  Southeast Program Manager
  •  650-933-8174
  •  erinf...@google.com

This is a staff email account managed by Clayton County Public Schools.  This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender.

Sonja Hartley

Jun 8, 2020, 7:31:01 PM6/8/20
to Erin Fields, GEG Georgia USA
Thank you! She's posted this. I'm not sure if the wording can be misinterpreted. This person isn't in Georgia.
Screenshot_20200608-191420~2.png

Angela Burgess

Jun 8, 2020, 8:29:41 PM6/8/20
to Sonja Hartley, Erin Fields, GEG Georgia USA
Just my 2 cents...does she think that having passed the Skills Assessment is all that is needed to be a Trainer?

I'm NOT an official Trainer, but I lead a lot of trainings in my district (both general and focused on Level 1 Certification) and I've had to remind a number of teachers that just completing the online Fundamentals Course does NOT mean that they are Level 1 Certified.

Good luck with your meeting! I look forward to hearing the follow-up!

Jun 9, 2020, 8:30:34 AM6/9/20
to Sonja Hartley, GEG Georgia USA
Hey everyone,

Wanted to clarify my email about Trainers vs. PD Partners - those are separate programs, with different requirements.  Trainers can offer trainings to districts for $$ without being a "Google PD Partner" (in case anyone currently does this :) ).

Sorry for the confusion!

  •  Erin Fields
  •  Southeast Program Manager
  •  650-933-8174