closing a Pop-up opens creates another pop-up

GebUser

Dec 10, 2020, 3:12:50 PM12/10/20
to Geb User Mailing List
hi,
How can I handle this situation with Geb WithAlert?
1)click a submit button opens opo-up # 1
2) Verify text in pop-up #1 and click OK button to close it
3) Closing pop-up # 1 opens pop-up #2
4)Verify text in pop-up # 2 and click OK button to close it

I tried the following command but it is closing both the pop-ups

withConfirm(true) {clickSubmitBtn()} == "Are you sure you want tosubmit?"}

Thanks,
Ramesh

Marcin Erdmann

Dec 10, 2020, 4:54:39 PM12/10/20
to geb-...@googlegroups.com
I believe you will need to use nested withConfirm() calls in this case:

def firstPopupText
def secondPopupText

secondPopupText = withConfirm(true) {
    firstPopupText = withConfirm(true) { clickSubmitBtn() }
}

I've not tested it but I checked the implementation and there's also a test for nested confirms (geb.AlertAndConfirmHandlingSpec.nested confirms) so I'm fairly sure it will work.

Marcin