Question regarding IDEA support for Geb(Reporting)Spec

thirsch...@gmail.com

Nov 19, 2018, 8:06:57 AM11/19/18
to Geb Development Mailing List
In the Book of Geb it says that IntelliJ had "special support" when writing tests.

However I still find myself in the need to declare

MainPage mainPage = at MainPage
mainPage.with {
if (isTourStartDialogDisplayed()) {
closeTourButton.click()
}
}

i.e. assign to MainPage and use Groovy's with

in order to get content assist for the content of MainPage...
Am I doing it right?
Using 2018.02 Community Edition of IntelliJ ...

Best Regards,
Thomas

Marcin Erdmann

Nov 19, 2018, 8:37:14 AM11/19/18
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Hi Thomas,

I'm not 100% sure if enhanced Geb support is included in the Community Edition. I'm sure that it is included in the Ultimate Edition and I would definitely get content assist if I wrote the code like this:

def mainPage = at MainPage
if (mainPage.tourStartDialogDisplayed) {
    mainPage.closeTourButton.click()
}

Regards,
Marcin