Uploading files if input has no name property set?

Angel Petrov

Feb 9, 2016, 11:53:06 AM2/9/16
to Geb Development Mailing List
Hello

I am new to geb, and while testing out the upload file functionality, I noticed that it heavily relies on the "name" of the input.
Is there any way to upload a file if the input has no name set?

Regards

Benjamin Hofmann

Feb 10, 2016, 4:42:08 AM2/10/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

you are not required to use the name property as identifier in a form. If your navigator object is an input with type file you can simply use that, eg:

$('input[type=file]) = uploadedFile.absolutePath

I actually dont know why they dont indicate this in the manual.

br,
Benny

Benjamin Hofmann
QA Automation Engineer

Jumio Inc.
Stättermayergasse 28
1150 Wien
Austria

Phone: 06641047789
Skype: xellsys
E-mail: benjamin...@jumio.com

Website Blog Facebook Twitter

Angel Petrov

Feb 10, 2016, 6:27:46 AM2/10/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for the reply,

I found out you can pass the absolute path to the value of the input for eg:
         $('input',type:'File').value = uploadedFile.absolutePath;

This should certainly be added to the manual.

Marcin Erdmann

Feb 10, 2016, 7:45:50 AM2/10/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Angel,

Contributions to the manual are always welcome. And the contributor list is not limited to code contributors which means that you would still get included on in it.

Marcin

Angel Petrov

Feb 10, 2016, 11:11:13 AM2/10/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com