"./gradlew :doc:manual:compileManual" does not work

Yotaro TAKAHASHI

Apr 24, 2016, 10:31:44 PM4/24/16
to Geb Development Mailing List
Hi dev members,

I ran
"./gradlew :doc:manual:compileManual" in master branch.

Then I got error
"Task 'compileManual' not found in project ':doc:manual'."

I think it is because I should run "./gradlew :doc:manual:asciidoctor" instead because Geb manual uses asciidoc.
If my guess is correct, I will issue a pull request for modifying README. But I'm not sure there is only the place I need to modify in README. Can you please give me an advice ?
I want to compile the manual because I currently try to translate Geb manual into Japanese.

Cheers,
Yotaro.

Marcin Erdmann

Apr 25, 2016, 1:21:10 PM4/25/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com
On holidays atm, will respond next week.

Marcin

Marcin Erdmann

May 5, 2016, 4:42:26 PM5/5/16
to geb...@googlegroups.com
Yotaro,

Yes, sorry, the README is very outdated and there is an issue for updating it: https://github.com/geb/issues/issues/388.

You are correct, to generate the manual you should use ./gradlew :doc:manual:asciidoctor. There's also the :doc:manual:openManual task which generates the manual and then opens it in the default browser.

There's plenty that need to change in README so it's probably best if you leave it to me to update it.

Marcin

Yotaro TAKAHASHI

May 5, 2016, 6:41:17 PM5/5/16
to Geb Development Mailing List
Hi Marcin,

Thank you for your reply. I understand. I wait for your updating README. Thank you :)

I have another question about i18n. I will issue another thread.

Yotaro