losing comments on live edits

Brian Stewart

Sep 23, 2021, 12:11:31 PM9/23/21
to gcd-tech
I have been working on creating skeletons for a bunch of variants, and when I make them I have been linking to 1+ web pages that prove the variant exists, so that I can refer to this later and then go hunt down images on ebay.

but i swear after they are approved by edit, they are gone.   I know for sure i put a comment on this one (among others)

-

Is there something stripping URL comments out?    How can save a URL in comments , so that (days) later I can easily refer to my note and go hunt down the cover images for upload?

-BRIAN

Jochen G.

Sep 23, 2021, 4:09:19 PM9/23/21
to gcd-...@googlegroups.com
I don't see how on approval comments can disappear. In some cases it is
known that these are lost in the editing process, in these cases they
never get saved and never appear.

It could be that you entered a comment for the second example, but that
it didn't get saved. The 'add variant' workflow is a non-standard one
since the we go back to the issue editing back instead of directly
submitting to the queue.

Jochen

Am 23.09.21 um 18:11 schrieb Brian Stewart:
> I have been working on creating skeletons for a bunch of variants, and
> when I make them I have been linking to 1+ web pages that prove the
> variant exists, so that I can refer to this later and then go hunt down
> images on ebay.
>
> I see my comments in pending
> move https://www.comics.org/changeset/5805463/compare/?collapse=1
>
> but i swear after they are approved by edit, they are gone.   I know for
> sure i put a comment on this one (among others)
>
> https://www.comics.org/changeset/5804802/compare/?collapse=1
>
> -
>
> *Is there something stripping URL comments out? *   How can save a URL
> in comments , so that (days) later I can easily refer to my note and go
> hunt down the cover images for upload?
>
> -BRIAN

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-tech/0026d56b-0e82-45a0-9ca0-be8e874c35d5n%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gcd-tech/0026d56b-0e82-45a0-9ca0-be8e874c35d5n%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Brian Stewart

Sep 23, 2021, 4:24:26 PM9/23/21
to gcd-tech
Thanks, Jochen.

I will test this out more, or at least see if i can figure out which ones stay and which/where they disappear.      At worst i just notepad track these while in process in parallel.

-BRIAN