Pick 'em results

John Bowers

Oct 30, 2023, 5:21:41 PM10/30/23
to gato...@googlegroups.com, gato...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Jim Schenone, Scott Francis, and Stephen Rockey, who were 9-3 to take top honors Saturday in Pick 'em.

Bunch of folks at 8-4: Buzz Howard, Heather Friend, Jeffery Herman, Jimbo Murphy, Joel Dubey, Jong Limb, Justin Harrell, Michael Ciferri, Patrick Petty, Scott Kamien, Shelly Mintel, and Tom Wilde.

For the year, Sarah Till leads by one game at 61-35. Patrick Petty is second at 60-36, and Don Sparks is 59-37.

We will play again this week.

GO GATORS!

John and Oz

John Bowers

Nov 6, 2023, 5:42:26 PM11/6/23
to gato...@googlegroups.com, gato...@googlegroups.com
Bill Perpich was 10-2 Saturday to snag top honors in Pick 'em. Second place at 9-3 were Eric Bunce and Scott Kamien. At 8-4 we had Badrish Davanagere, Draughon Silcox, Eric Wimer, Justin Harrell, Keith Choe, Michelle Piazza, Roger Wilson, Steve Crider, and Wayne Gaff.

For the year, Patrick Petty and Sarah Till lead at 66-42, Don Sparks is second at 65-43, while Justin Harrell and Roger Wilson sit at third, 64-44.

We shall play again this week. The Gators are off to Baton Rouge.

Go Gators!

John and Oz

John Bowers

Nov 14, 2023, 6:20:08 AM11/14/23
to gato...@googlegroups.com, gato...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Hal Jarvis, he was 10-2 to snag first place last Saturday in Pick 'em. Second place at 9-3 were John Harrison, Tom Wilde, and Wendy Gaff. A whole bunch of people were 8-4, so cheers to all of you.

For the year, Patrick Petty and Roger Wilson now lead at 72-48, followed by Justin Harrell and Sarah Till at 71-49. Badrish Davanagere and Don Sparks are third at 70-50.

Most years the eventual winner is very close to 60%, so we are right on target. More than 60% long-term is very difficult.

We'll play again this week and next. Just two more weeks.

Go Gators! Beat....somebody.

John and Oz

John Bowers

Nov 21, 2023, 12:50:56 PM11/21/23
to gato...@googlegroups.com, gato...@googlegroups.com
Five-way tie for first this past Saturday at 9-3: Alan Russell, Cathy Duncan, Kevin Fraze, Scott Francis, and Will Terry. Second place at 8-4 were Avery Duncan, Badrish Davanagere, Bill Perpich, G Anderson, Hal Jarvis, Joseph Smith, Keith Choe, TJ Hammond, and Tim McCausland.

With one week to go, Patrick Petty leads by one game at 79-53, followed by Badrish Davanagere at 78-54, and Sarah Till in third at 77-55.

We will wrap it up this Saturday.

GO GATORS!! BEAT THE SEMIS!!

John and Oz

John Bowers

Nov 29, 2023, 8:01:15 AM11/29/23
to gato...@googlegroups.com, gato...@googlegroups.com
Congrats to Bill Perpich and Jimbo Murphy, who were 9-3 last Saturday to take first place in Pick 'em. Second place at 8-4 was shared among Bo Wroble, Heather Friend, Mark Thomas, and Scott Francis.

And we have a winner for the whole season: Patrick Petty finished first at 84-60. A three-way tie for second was shared by Badrish Davanagere, Justin Harrell, and Sarah Till. In third place at 82-62 were Don Sparks, Roger Wilson, and Scott Francis. Congratulations to all of you!

We'll have a Bowl Edition of Pick 'em later in December. And maybe the Gators will be more fun to watch in 2024. That would be nice.

John and Oz