Auditions - Short Film (Baltimore, MD)

Carle IKAM Productions

Aug 30, 2023, 8:35:28 AM8/30/23
to WIFV Listserv, galv...@googlegroups.com
Good morning!

I am producing a short about Barbara Brandon Crofton. She's a beast!

Here is the audition notice...

Art Imitates Life – Barbara Brandon Crofton

By Tiffany Alexander

Director: Dircelene Torres

Location: Baltimore, MD

Dates:

Virtual Rehearsals – September 17- October 1

In-person Rehearsal – October 7 (10 am – Noon)

Filming – October 8-9, 2023 (12 hour days)

Breakdown:

Liz (30-45)

African-American female. Age 39. Earthy, artistic, a comic book writer/illustrator and standup comic struggling to catch a break. Liz is considering quitting her comic book dreams to pursue a more steady career. She is passionate but life keeps beating her down.

Jackie (30-45)

African-American female. Age 41. Corporate queen and the most supportive friend you could ask for. Jackie is Liz’s biggest cheerleader, willing to facilitate work for Liz if needed but committed to lending her friend encouraging words to keep her focused on her dreams.

Bianca (20-35)

African-American female. Age 25. Charismatic and helpful, Bianca is the consummate retail worker. Working as both barista and bookseller, she knows how to pour a strong cup of coffee and which books to recommend based on a short conversation with you.

Virtual Audition Dates:

Thursday, August 31
5 pm - 8 pm

Saturday, September 2
10 am - 1 pm

Monday, September 4

4 pm - 7 pm

Tuesday, September 6

6 pm - 9 pm

This is a non-union project with pay ($200), food, credit, and a great time. Must work as a local – housing and travel not provided.

Interested actors, please send a recent headshot, 2 dates and times for your audition, and a good phone number to ikamc...@gmail.com.

**We do have a few crew positions open - sound, production design, and AC. Email me privately if interested.

--
He/she who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and the unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed. - Gordon Parks

May every day be the beginning of an endless self discovery and adventure......whether you like it or not. Embrace it and soar!     - H. Taha

Film Projects:
Her Voice: Charlayne Hunter-Gault

Director/Producer: Carletta S. Hurt
Film Festival Circuit - Private Screenings

UMC and Days Ferry Production

Written and Directed by Victoria Rowell
Watch on ALLBLK or Amazon Prime!

Written and Directed by Karyn Langhorn Folan

Written by Jamelle Williams-Thomas and Danielle Mooney