URGENT: Casting for a Short Film

Carle IKAM Productions

Feb 15, 2024, 11:20:39 AMFeb 15
Good morning, all!

I'm casting for a short film on mental health. We are filming on Monday, Feb 19 from 6 am - 6 pm in Arlington, VA.

This is a ultra low budget film that we are going to submit to a festival focused on mental health awareness in March.

Lauryn (early to mid-20s) - African American female living hyper awareness OCD and still grieving the loss of her mother, lives alone

Nina (40's) - African American female, mother of Lauryn, suffered from major depressive disorder (MDD) and eventually committed suicide when Lauryn was 20, very protective and affectionate involved mother

Please send headshot, self-tape (any monologue under 2 minutes), and phone number to ikamc...@gmail.com.

Also, looking for a DP with equipment and gaffer - forward contact and rates to ikampro...@gmail.com.

Best,

Carletta

--
He/she who takes a chance, who walks the line between the known and the unknown, who is unafraid of failure, will succeed. - Gordon Parks

May every day be the beginning of an endless self discovery and adventure......whether you like it or not. Embrace it and soar!     - H. Taha

Film Projects:
Her Voice: Charlayne Hunter-Gault

Director/Producer: Carletta S. Hurt
Film Festival Circuit - Private Screenings

UMC and Days Ferry Production

Written and Directed by Victoria Rowell
Watch on ALLBLK or Amazon Prime!

Written and Directed by Karyn Langhorn Folan

Written by Jamelle Williams-Thomas and Danielle Mooney