Re: [gallery-3-users] Digest for gallery-3-users@googlegroups.com - 1 update in 1 topic

Miktrain _

Jul 21, 2021, 10:33:02 PM7/21/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
There lots of us using it so I don't think it is broken, it actually works better and on newer systems. It is a lot different than G1 and G2 and uses a different database sqli,  maybe that has not been turned on on your server setup.
Also most servers are going to https. I had trouble when I changed to a new host and https, many things were still going http and that messed with Gallery. Sometimes it would work and others not. A simple redirect to make all go to https fixed that.
Have a good look at the server side before you  give up.

Tony

Tony

Aug 8, 2021, 5:27:45 AM8/8/21
to Gallery 3 Users
I had managed to make it through, it was PHP issue so now its solved

J.R.

Aug 9, 2021, 6:09:58 PM8/9/21
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Josh,

Glad to hear you were finally able to install Gallery 3.1.3 successfully. Thanks for letting us know. It would be great if you could send us a brief message explaining what the PHP issue was which caused your initial problem -- knowing exactly what it was can help us provide assistance to someone else in the future who might run into the same problem.

--J.R.
--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/abb59c9c-f982-405d-a0fe-f1d6114b1742n%40googlegroups.com.

Josh Paul

Aug 9, 2021, 6:15:24 PM8/9/21
to Gallery 3 Users
The issue is that Gallery had PHP reloop issue so I had to delete everything, even the domain name (due to cache for domain) then re installed the latest version, worked. I realized that PHP had bugs so I found I had to update to the latest version did the trick.  PHP can be tricky sometimes.

I am running it on solo dedicated server and works like breeze. Already at 2,300 photos and growing!