Can't reset password on G2 in order to upgrade to 3.x

TNGeneWhiz

Jan 11, 2022, 5:31:18 PM1/11/22
to Gallery 3 Users
Sorry for the redundancy, but I can't move forward without being able to reset my G2.3 password for the administrator.

The Captcha image doesn't load on the Reset Password screen, so I can't get the e-mail.

I tried using a robust hash converter on the password in the g2_User table, but that didn't work (I'm grateful, actually!).

Thank you in advance to those who have suggestions.  I have a few hundred photos to upload on a rejuvenated site!

J.R.

Jan 12, 2022, 1:05:21 AM1/12/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
As far as I know you've tried everything there is to try. So, if you still have access to the the photos, you would probably spend your time better simply downloading and installing the latest version of Gallery3 (ver. 3.1.5), and then manually upload the photos into that. If we're only talking a couple hundred photos, even doing it manually that would be faster than going through the whole "migration" process of getting the stuff in old G2 site into G3 ver 3.1.5 even if you did have access to the locked sit. If the photos aren't available, damn, that's a sad loss... and a good reminder to people to always keep a good original copy of *anything* you upload to the internet on your own computer as a backup.

-- J.R.
--
WHEN USING AN EMAIL PROGRAM to reply to this message, click REPLY TO LIST or REPLY TO ALL so your reply goes out to everyone in the group. If you click REPLY or REPLY TO SENDER Google will *only* send your reply to the original author (not recommended).

To post a NEW MESSAGE to the group, send an new email to:
gallery...@googlegroups.com

To view or sign in to this group on the web, use this URL:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/gallery-3-users
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/342b4487-05fb-4249-8262-e45af7f3034cn%40googlegroups.com.

B McNamara

Jan 12, 2022, 11:37:02 AM1/12/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Thank you --

Fortunately, I am a data hoarder and redundant backer-up.  Access to the photos is not the issue, but recreating the structure will be the time-consuming part.

Fortunately, I can dump the SQL database to maintain the hierarchy, submitters' info, and captions.

Gallery is natively a GREAT solution for a local history or surname study clearinghouse, by the way...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Gallery 3 Users" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gallery-3-users/4a02151d-0a05-5dc2-dd03-f7df74742a0b%40thepostalzone.com.

Brad Dutton

Jan 12, 2022, 11:56:58 AM1/12/22
to Gallery 3 Users
G2 is really old, I haven't used it in years. Since you have access to everything you can try bypassing the captcha check. Below this function line:
try adding:
return array(null, array(), true);
I think that will always return true for the captcha check allowing the password reset to go through.

Kerry Marshall

Jan 13, 2022, 1:53:57 AM1/13/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com

If you have access to the database you should be able to edit the PluginMap table and set the active field to 0 for captcha

Cheers

Kerry

J.R.

Jan 13, 2022, 3:39:14 PM1/13/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
About that... someone correct me if I'm wrong about this, but it is my understanding that the internal structure of the SQL database Galley 3 uses is completely different from that used by Gallery 2.3. That issue is normally taken care of by the "migration" program, but using that requires the G2 gallery installation be accessible by the admin. I suppose you could directly access the old SQL database and use it as a helpful reference in customizing G3.

-- J.R.

B McNamara

Jan 13, 2022, 5:11:56 PM1/13/22
to gallery...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, everyone, for the suggestions.  I hope to give them a whirl over the weekend and report back.

Andrew L

May 31, 2022, 12:05:42 PM5/31/22
to Gallery 3 Users
I've just been looking at the PHP code and the admin password is in the config.php file *in plain text*.

So, if you can view that file you can log in with the current password!

The MySQL database name, username and password are also there.