Yet another COVID 19 email- but certainly not an important one.

emm...@emmaco.com

Mar 18, 2020, 12:10:25 PM3/18/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com

First, since many of you have time now I thought it useful to have you speculate what type of meal this hoarder is planning for his lucky family.  I can’t for the life of me figure it out.

Second, I’d like to provide a picture of the product display everyone ran past in order to get to the water aisle in the grocery store.

Silly times indeed.

Be well,

John

John Mayberry

VP, Engineering

Emmaco, Inc.

3788 Kelton Drive

Oceanside, CA 92056

(626) 799-9993 p
(626) 394-3954 m

Confidential Property. (c) 2019 Emmaco, Inc.  All rights reserved.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

wonderman.jpg
Water Aisle.jpg

Lothar

Mar 25, 2020, 5:33:35 AM3/25/20
to Gale Audio
John !

You really don't know what this guy will present his family???  BREAD PUDDING !  What else?  There are a million delicious recipes online.....with only millions of calories !
Can be as dangerous as the virus!

Take care!

Lothar

Pete Wilson

Mar 25, 2020, 5:54:24 AM3/25/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John!
Hi Lothar!

— P

Lothar

Mar 27, 2020, 4:43:32 AM3/27/20
to Gale Audio
Hi Pete !

Seems some of the forum dinosaurs are still alive ! :)))

Am Mittwoch, 25. März 2020 10:54:24 UTC+1 schrieb Pete Wilson:
Thanks John!
Hi Lothar!

— P

Am Mittwoch, 18. März 2020 17:10:25 UTC+1 schrieb John Mayberry:

[...]

Pete

Mar 27, 2020, 4:48:45 AM3/27/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Yes!

Sent from my iPhone

On Mar 27, 2020, at 9:44 AM, Lothar <lothar.k...@gmail.com> wrote:

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gale-audio/cd80110c-a359-48a4-a9f2-e74a75e7a439%40googlegroups.com.

Pete Wilson

Mar 27, 2020, 5:52:45 AM3/27/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
.. and now I’m spending time in France, where alas I have no Lecson nor Gale, but a nice NAD C658, an amp, and a pair of KEF R7’s :-)

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gale-audio/cd80110c-a359-48a4-a9f2-e74a75e7a439%40googlegroups.com.

Lothar

Mar 28, 2020, 6:22:30 AM3/28/20
to Gale Audio
Aaah Pete, you have my full sympathy! Poor guy! No Lecson or Gale and "only" NAD and KEF!  Will you ever survive this ?  ;)))

Am Freitag, 27. März 2020 10:52:45 UTC+1 schrieb Pete Wilson:
.. and now I’m spending time in France, where alas I have no Lecson nor Gale, but a nice NAD C658, an amp, and a pair of KEF R7’s :-)
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gale-audio/cd80110c-a359-48a4-a9f2-e74a75e7a439%40googlegroups.com.

Pete Wilson

Mar 28, 2020, 6:35:26 AM3/28/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
It’s a harsh situation, indeed. And I’d actually have time now to find out why the AC1 was misbehaving. But it’s over in the USA, self-isolating like a good little preamp in a drawer…

But - stiff upper lip and all that!

(Actually, the KEFs sound pretty good, although the room is hard-surfaced and almost cubical, so Dirac (that’s really why the NAD is there) helps enormously)

Lothar

Mar 30, 2020, 8:40:06 AM3/30/20
to Gale Audio
Well Pete,  surprisingly so many people NOW find the time to do lots of things at home, they always wanted to do, but never did!  Unfortunately for the wrong reasons...we could have done just as well without a deadly virus, right ?

Am Samstag, 28. März 2020 11:35:26 UTC+1 schrieb Pete Wilson:
It’s a harsh situation, indeed. And I’d actually have time now to find out why the AC1 was misbehaving. But it’s over in the USA, self-isolating like a good little preamp in a drawer…

But - stiff upper lip and all that!

(Actually, the KEFs sound pretty good, although the room is hard-surfaced and almost cubical, so Dirac (that’s really why the NAD is there) helps enormously)

Pete Wilson

Mar 30, 2020, 9:18:46 AM3/30/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
..especially us older folk :-(

Lothar

Mar 31, 2020, 5:10:44 AM3/31/20
to Gale Audio
Older? Who do you mean ?  Thought you meant: wiser !?  Sounds much better.  :)))

Am Montag, 30. März 2020 15:18:46 UTC+2 schrieb Pete Wilson:
..especially us older folk :-(

Toby Carter

Apr 5, 2020, 4:56:54 AM4/5/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

Still alive here in the UK! And working, we have furloughed some staff, some are working from home, then we have the test spaced out in the offices, production and warehousing.
The cleaning company we use has stopped coming so I have taken on the task as a senior figure, so that’s every morning opening up
and cleaning before the workers arrive! Good for the soul! Hmmm

Anyway, no Gale equipment sadly, not managed to secure a turntable yet. However I have bought a couple of UK pieces, a Musical Fidelity KW750 power amp, now this thing is a big beast, comes with a separate power supply and delivers enough power to run a small concert! That’s not the point though, this thing sounds absolutely beautiful, a real gem once warmed up, it comes alive. I also bought the Musical Fidelity M6 Encore which is a preamp with storage and CD built in, useful if you want to rip CD’s to the hard drive. Also connects to your network to link up any accounts like Spotify, Qobuz, Tidal, etc. No phono preamp for turntables but a remote can be added of course. I know this won’t appeal to most here but the MF stuff does sound seriously good, any one else have their gear?

Cheers

Toby

Berris Conolly

Apr 6, 2020, 5:25:52 AM4/6/20
to Gale Audio

The kW750 may be yet another example of the virtues of valves? I had a MF TriVista DAC for a while, used with their A3 CD player, and this used to sound pretty good. Both were replaced long ago with a Linn Akurate streamer, although I still use a valve preamp.

Toby Carter

Apr 6, 2020, 6:05:38 AM4/6/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Berris,
The KW750 power amp is transistor but appears very natural to listen to, it got some good reviews by well respected people when it came out but they were significant money, I bought my secondhand.
I believe the matching preamp is hybrid valve/transistor though. I didn’t go for the preamp as it didn’t quite fit my needs. Musical Fidelity has been bought by an Austrian company but I believe the original owner Anthony Michaelson is still actively involved in it, he does seem to be the driving force in producing proper sounding hi-fi from budget gear through to hiend.
Toby

On 6 Apr 2020, at 10:25, Berris Conolly <tbco...@gmail.com> wrote:

The kW750 may be yet another example of the virtues of valves? I had a MF TriVista DAC for a while, used with their A3 CD player, and this used to sound pretty good. Both were replaced long ago with a Linn Akurate streamer, although I still use a valve preamp.

Jack Ward

Apr 13, 2020, 11:04:47 PM4/13/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, Lothar...some of us are just slow on the uptick. Busy cleaning up some of the100+ year old trees knocked down by recent storms. Had surgery and rest for all of Feb and building strength from March to now. Feeling good to be doing physical labor. Did a bit of listening to my Gales each week.

Jack

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gale-audio/cd80110c-a359-48a4-a9f2-e74a75e7a439%40googlegroups.com.

John Mayberry

Apr 13, 2020, 11:34:24 PM4/13/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com

Alive and kicking here.  Listening to some new yet old music, trying to avoid the political rants on Facebook, and buying some acoustics kit online today.

All is well.  Hope it is with you as well.

Jack Ward

Apr 14, 2020, 8:50:35 AM4/14/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com
John, I just noticed your signature includes an address in Oceanside. You were in Pasadena previously, if I remember correctly. Change of pace and scenery?

Jack Ward
Knoxville, TN, USA

John Mayberry

Apr 14, 2020, 11:20:08 AM4/14/20
to gale-...@googlegroups.com

Yes.  We moved from San Marino (right next to Pasadena) to Oceanside a few years ago to be near my 89 year old father.

Now he can take care of us!

Hope all is well.

John

John Mayberry

VP, Engineering

Emmaco, Inc.

3788 Kelton Drive

Oceanside, CA 92056

(626) 799-9993 p
(626) 394-3954 m

Confidential Property. (c) 2019 Emmaco, Inc.  All rights reserved.

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.

Lothar

Apr 18, 2020, 5:13:21 AM4/18/20
to Gale Audio
Sorry you're not fit YET for the coming Olympics....I have never been, no matter what age... Also sorry about the old trees, takes so long to get big, impressive trees, and they can be destroyed within seconds.
Well, we can't do much about it, can we?  Take care!

Am Dienstag, 14. April 2020 05:04:47 UTC+2 schrieb Jack:
Yes, Lothar...some of us are just slow on the uptick. Busy cleaning up some of the100+ year old trees knocked down by recent storms. Had surgery and rest for all of Feb and building strength from March to now. Feeling good to be doing physical labor. Did a bit of listening to my Gales each week.

Jack

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/gale-audio/cd80110c-a359-48a4-a9f2-e74a75e7a439%40googlegroups.com.

Lothar

Apr 18, 2020, 5:14:43 AM4/18/20
to Gale Audio
Well John, CONFESS ! Moving house is one of your most favourite hobbys ! ;))