Hamilton Field Closure

Maria Barry

Oct 9, 2020, 12:08:57 PM10/9/20
to Parents of Sixteenth Street Heights - DC, 16th...@googlegroups.com, CBE...@yahoogroups.com, friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com
FYI from DPR.

Stay well,
Maria Barry

Dear Community Stakeholders of Hamilton Park:

The DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) and the DC Department of General Services (DGS) are pleased to share that the Hamilton Field will be closed starting October 19, 2020 through March 2021 for renovations to the field.

The following field will go through the following renovations:

  • A fully regraded field with improved soil and drainage
  • A new irrigation system
  • A newly sodded field with Kentucky Bluegrass and
  • Repairs to the existing fence

 Furthermore, the remainder of the park including: the playgrounds, outdoor fitness zone, pavilion, courts and the community garden will remain open for the duration of this construction project. We anticipate the entire construction project will be completed by January 2021 (weather permitting), but the field will remain offline until March while the new grass is established.  We thank you for your support and understanding regarding this important park renovation in your neighborhood. Please help get the word out by forwarding this email to your neighbors and any local listservs. In the interim, should you have any additional questions or concerns please feel free to send me an email at Peter. Noh...@dc.gov  or visit the project website at https://dgs.dc.gov/node/1127737

Closure Flyer_Hamilton Field.pdf

eml...@comcast.net

Oct 9, 2020, 1:45:10 PM10/9/20
to friendsof16t...@googlegroups.com