Announce: FriCAS 1.3.5 has been released

Waldek Hebisch

Feb 3, 2019, 11:09:26 AM2/3/19
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
This is copy of the annoucemnt I posted in newsgroups:

FriCAS is an advanced computer algebra system. Its capabilities
range from calculus (integration and differentiation) to abstract
algebra. It can plot functions and has integrated help system.

FriCAS 1.3.5 should build on Linux and many Unix like systems (for
example Mac OSX and Cygwin). FriCAS is build on top of Common Lisp;
several Lisps can compile and run FriCAS -- currently supported are
GCL, SBCL, Clisp, ECL, Closure CL (former OpenMCL).

Project page:

http://fricas.sf.net

Download pages:

http://fricas.sf.net/download.html
https://sourceforge.net/projects/fricas/files/

Mailing list. Please sign up before posting a message.

http://groups.google.com/group/fricas-devel?hl=en

Notable changes (compared to version 1.3.4):

- Added free noncommutative field.

- Added factorization in free algebra.

- Improved coercion to InputForm.

- Removed cycle related functions from Tree and BinaryTreeCategory.

Bug fixes, in particular:

- Improved portablity to Windows and Mac OSX.

- Fixed input form of formal derivatives.

- Fixed coercion of polynomials to patterns.

- Fixed comparison with signed floating point zero.
--
Waldek Hebisch

Bill Page

Feb 3, 2019, 12:35:55 PM2/3/19
to fricas-devel
On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 11:09 AM Waldek Hebisch <heb...@math.uni.wroc.pl> wrote:
> Notable changes (compared to version 1.3.4):
>
> - Added free noncommutative field.
> - Added factorization in free algebra.
> - Improved coercion to InputForm.
> - Fixed input form of formal derivatives.
> - Fixed coercion of polynomials to patterns.
> - Fixed comparison with signed floating point zero.

Thank you!

Martin R

Feb 3, 2019, 1:11:32 PM2/3/19
to FriCAS - computer algebra system
Many many thanks!

I created https://trac.sagemath.org/ticket/25962 for the upgrade within sagemath.

Martin

Kurt Pagani

Feb 3, 2019, 2:17:03 PM2/3/19
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Great, thank you!

BTW
* Will somebody update the Wikipedia page?

* The docker image just built with ease: https://hub.docker.com/r/nilqed/fricas/

============
Pull and run
============

$ docker pull nilqed/fricas
Using default tag: latest
latest: Pulling from nilqed/fricas
38e2e6cd5626: Pull complete
705054bc3f5b: Pull complete
c7051e069564: Pull complete
7308e914506c: Pull complete
7d2d2b74b341: Pull complete
e4fc773ac367: Pull complete
Digest: sha256:00297a8eebe7c422ed4f8ef3f63a472e2f26950541387d6c55b47319f95adef0

$ docker images
REPOSITORY TAG IMAGE ID CREATED SIZE
nilqed/fricas latest b5de5b7aae14 36 minutes ago
1.22GB

$ docker run -t -i nilqed/fricas fricas -nox
Checking for foreign routines
AXIOM="/usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu"
spad-lib="/usr/local/lib/fricas/target/x86_64-linux-gnu/lib/libspad.so"
foreign routines found
openServer result 0
FriCAS Computer Algebra System
Version: FriCAS 1.3.5
Timestamp: Sun Feb 3 18:21:59 UTC 2019
Issue )copyright to view copyright notices.
Issue )summary for a summary of useful system commands.
Issue )quit to leave FriCAS and return to shell.

(1) -> )version
Value = "FriCAS 1.3.5 compiled at Sun Feb 3 18:21:59 UTC 2019"
(1) -> )lisp (lisp-implementation-type)

Value = "SBCL"
(1) -> )lisp (lisp-implementation-version)

Value = "1.4.5.debian"
(1) -> )lisp (require :asdf)

Value = ("uiop" "UIOP" "asdf" "ASDF")
(1) -> D(x^n,n,2)

2 n
(1) log(x) x
Type: Expression(Integer)
(2) -> )q

Ralf Hemmecke

Feb 3, 2019, 3:35:37 PM2/3/19
to fricas...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kurt,

That's great that you provide a docker image. I'll link that soon from
fricas.github.io.

It seems that FriCAS got some momentum. Not just one single developer
anymore.

Ralf