Create a Plan

Chuck Crowton

Aug 27, 2020, 4:32:16 PM8/27/20
to frePPLe users
I've run across the issue where when I set a plan off to refresh, it gets stuck, the message field reads "Plan Size" when it freezes. Can you tell me what that means and where to look to solve the problem?

Thanks,

Last few lines of the log file

INFO Start step 111 'Load forecast plan' at 21:54:28 INFO Finished 'Load forecast plan' at 21:54:28

INFO Start step 120 'Plan Size' at 21:54:28

Size information of frePPLe 5.2.0 (Mar 3 2014)

514
runplan
2020-08-27 21:54:21
2020-08-27 21:54:22

31%  Cancel
View
Plan Size
--constraint=0 --plantype=2 --env=fcst,invplan,balancing,supply --background
chuck....@silencerco.com

Johan De Taeye

Aug 28, 2020, 2:09:13 AM8/28/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com

Hi Chuck,

My first suspicion would be loops in the supply chain – where the same material is both being consumed and produced by operations in the same supply path.

In this case you should still see continuing CPU utilization of the frepple planning engine.

If the planning engine crashed and died, then it’s a bug where some bad input data condition isn’t handled robustly.

You can file a case on our portal if you want us to look into it.

Regards,

Johan De Taeye

Mob: +32 477.385.362

Skype: jdetaeye

Visit us at https://frepple.com

* * * * * * *    TECHNICAL DATA (ITAR) WARNING * * * * * * *

SilencerCo, LLC manufactures a variety of defense components within the meaning of the (ITAR) INTERNATIONAL TRAFFIC IN ARMS REGULATION (22 CFR Ch 1 >Sub M > Part 120 >Section 120.6).  As such, this e-mail and any attachments may include technical data subject to the U.S. ARMS EXPORT CONTROL ACT (22 U.S.C. Section 2751), U.S. EXPORT ADMINISTRATION ACT OF 1979 (50 U.S.C. App. 2401) and/or ITAR.

The transfer, export or disclosure of technical data covered by these laws to any non U.S. citizen without a license or exemption from the U.S. Department of State is prohibited and violations may result in criminal, civil or administrative penalties.

Chuck Crowton

Aug 28, 2020, 9:17:57 AM8/28/20
to freppl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Johan,

I'll look at the operations and see what I can find.

photo

Chuck Crowton

Supply Chain Manager, SilencerCo

O: 801-417-5384 C: 801-230-1982