Introducing myself

24 vues
Passer au premier message non lu

Simon Levy

non lue,
11 août 2021, 19 h 21 min 52 s2021-08-11
à Frege Programming Language
Hi everyone, I'm Simon, a computer science professor at Washington and Lee University, focusing on robotics and neuromorphic computing (publications, github, youtube).  I came across Frege after looking at various other Haskell-related projects (JHC, AJHC, Ivory, Haskino, ...) and was thrilled to see how much work you've put into something that I've only dreamed of attempting myself.

My own interests lie mainly in developing a Frege-like compiler that would emit no-frills C code instead of Java, focused on tail-recursion and map/fold, to avoid the need for dynamic memory allocation (and hence garbage collection).  I feel that such a compiler, though foregoing some of the powerful features of Haskell/Frege, could bridge the gap between the elegance and security of Haskell and the need to use C/C++ on microcontrollers like Arduino (my target platform).  Even after looking seriously at Rust, I feel that the Haskell-based Frege approach is a better fit for my needs.

For the time being I'd love to help revive this discussion group and contribute however I can.  I'll take a look at some of the Rosetta Code projects and see if there's anything I can contribute in Frege.
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message