IEEE P1800.2 (UVM) Call for Participation

Scott Roland

Jul 31, 2015, 6:38:38 AM7/31/15
to Freecellera
If I read the announcement correctly for the IEEE P1800.2 (UVM) Call for Participation:
• Participation is limited to people at companies that pay money to the IEEE
• Voting is limited to people at companies that pay more money

Bryan Murdock

Jul 31, 2015, 10:43:58 AM7/31/15
to Scott Roland, Freecellera
Seeing how this group has died out, maybe we should collect a little
fee too? :-)

I've been thinking about what and we should be doing as Freecellera.
The Bug Blitz never really happened, but that's fine because there are
things we can learn from that. For me the Bug Blitz illustrated that
to capture my personal free time attention we need something more
exciting than patching a library that I'm not super excited about. It
was a very practical idea, but I think practical feels too much like
work. I think I need something more innovative and ambitious to grab
my attention and focus.

What about everyone else?

Bryan

neil johnson

Jul 31, 2015, 12:57:53 PM7/31/15
to Bryan Murdock, Scott Roland, Freecellera
I don't know if it counts as ambitious or innovative, but you (or anyone for that matter) could get your feet wet with some new svunit features. tudor helped me out a couple months ago with a new feature and we've got a couple more in the pipe.

-neil

Erik Jessen

Jul 31, 2015, 12:59:25 PM7/31/15
to neil johnson, Bryan Murdock, Scott Roland, Freecellera
Neil,
I'm game (but I'll be on vacation starting middle of next week).
What new feature did you add that you want tested?

Erik

neil johnson

Aug 3, 2015, 11:36:00 PM8/3/15
to Erik Jessen, Bryan Murdock, Scott Roland, Freecellera
I haven't added anything actually, this would be code and test. I've been meaning to update the logging with a not so verbose option and also enabling integration with jenkins. I don't know what's necessary for that. be awesome if you and someone else would want to gang up on it as a team. anyone?

-neil