CommonAPI broadcast and broadcastselective example

Raghunand V N

Aug 18, 2020, 10:54:47 AM8/18/20
to Franca
Hi All,

Any links or pointers for CommonAPI broadcast and broadcastselective example? I searched Internet but could not find any example implementations.

The method, methodAsync and fireAndForget are clear.

Thanks!

siddhartha v

Aug 18, 2020, 12:07:56 PM8/18/20
to Raghunand V N, Franca
Hello Rahgunand,

        Are you using franca IDl with Common API? also may I know if you are using WAMP or SOME/IP? But in general the entire Common API is well explained in the https://docs.projects.genivi.org/ipc.common-api-tools/2.1.6/html/Tutorial.html link where broadcast is also explained. But w.r.t selective broadcast even I don't have proper idea I tried but didn't get the proper reference as it was not a mandatory when I was working on it I skipped.

Meanwhile can you please suggest me or send me some reference for methodAsync. I didn't get this concept clearly.This will help me a lot.

And if you are using WAMP in specific then refer the below link:

Hope this helps.

--
Thanks and Regards.
Siddhartha V.

Raghunand V N

Aug 18, 2020, 11:30:01 PM8/18/20
to Franca
Thanks Siddharth!

For now, exploring CommonAPI for processes running on same machine. Hence, WAMP and SOME/IP are not required.
I am not sure about methodAsync binding in JS. In C++, we pass a callback in the method.

Example: Let's say we have created a method getProperty. FIDL generates getProperty and getPropertyAsync. We just pass callback function to getPropertyAsync in C++, should be similar in Javascript as well. The Async method is asynchronous way of calling methods.

Thanks!