Next meeting on Wednesday June 26th

Erik de Castro Lopo

Jun 23, 2019, 5:18:50 PM6/23/19
to fp-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The next meeting will be help on Wednesday June 26th.

This month we have two talks:

Huw Campbell : Nix package manager for easier collaboration and development

Tim McGilchrist : Row Polymorphism in Action: How you can mix OO, FP and not end up with Scala

Abstracts below.

The RSVP is here:

https://www.meetup.com/FP-Syd/events/vcqlmpyzfbkc/

Doors open at 6pm, meeting proper starts at 6:30.

Everybody who intends to show up on the night shoud RSVP ASAP to allow our
hosts Atlassian to sort out the catering. People who said they were
going but now find that they can't should likewise update their status.

Cheers,
Erik

Nix package manager for easier collaboration and development
In a journey from using simple shells so we don't pollute our system,
through package management, packaging, and whole system and
cloud configuration; we'll explore the features of nix the language,
the package manager, and the environment.

Row Polymorphism in Action: How you can mix OO, FP and not end up with Scala.
Building on the talk last year on Polmyorphic Variants, we will look at the
O in OCaml where O is Object. A rarely used technique in the OCaml toolbox
that is interesting for both how OO is implemented and for the structural
polymophism.

Underlying both pieces is an almost accessible polymorphic record system.

Erik de Castro Lopo
http://www.mega-nerd.com/

Jed Wesley-Smith

Jun 23, 2019, 8:59:58 PM6/23/19
to fp-syd
by the way, the correct link is: https://www.meetup.com/FP-Syd/events/vcqlmpyzjbjc/

Joshua Pratt

Jun 25, 2019, 2:55:46 AM6/25/19
to fp-syd
Unfortunately won't be able to make it tomorrow. However, if the presenters had (and were free to share) slides / recordings I would love to read them.

Thanks for running these Erik.