Re: [OSGeo-Discuss] Announcing FOSS4G North America 2016 - OSGeo-Live

Rob Emanuele

Dec 15, 2015, 3:00:53 PM12/15/15
to Cameron Shorter, foss4gna2016-discuss, live-demo
Another great suggestion. Is there a place that is used for getting these USB's in bulk? Have people usually printed USB's themselves? I'd be curious about how it's worked in past conferences, try to get a budget for it, and see how it can fit in our conference budget/shop the idea around to the rest of the committee.

As for the workshop, I think the best way to move forward with that is to have someone who is willing to run the workshop/give the talk make a submission via https://2016.foss4g-na.org/propose-session

Thanks!

Rob

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 2:32 PM, Cameron Shorter <cameron...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Rob,
Do you anticipate using OSGeo-Live at FOSS4G-NA?

At prior foss4g events, it has been used (usually within a VM) at workshops, handed out on USBs, and the OSGeo-Live presentation given (often by a VIP during a plenary early in the conference - helping delegates find which event they'd like to go to). In essence, the OSGeo-Live presentation is like a FOSS4G conference summarised into one concise talk. (We have heard that people often use it when going back and presenting to their organisations about what they learned).

More here: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc#Including_OSGeo-Live_at_your_event

Warm regards, Cameron

On 16/12/2015 5:14 am, Rob Emanuele wrote:

Dear Everyone,

On behalf of the Organizing Team, we would like to invite you to submit talk & workshop proposals for FOSS4G North America 2016. The conference will run May 2-5, 2016 at the Raleigh Convention Center in Raleigh, North Carolina, U.S.A..

Like last year, we will be offering a free full access pass to speakers who have their talk or workshop accepted. The 2016 conference will be noticeably bigger than 2015. The list of topics include a number of mature areas as well as emerging ones. Please see the call for proposals for details and to submit a proposal.

Also, public community voting on submissions has been enabled. Cast your vote for the presentations and workshops you would like to see!

We wish you a safe and happy holiday season!

The FOSS4G NA 2016 Team

p.s. Please see the sponsor prospectus should you be interested in sponsoring.

Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager
LISAsoft
Suite 112, Jones Bay Wharf,
26 - 32 Pirrama Rd, Pyrmont NSW 2009

Sarah Cordivano

Dec 15, 2015, 3:08:10 PM12/15/15
to Rob Emanuele, Cameron Shorter, foss4gna2016-discuss, live-demo
I dont have experience ordering USBs, but we use Image Outfitters for branded merchandise (like our compasses) and they also have USBs.  http://image-outfitters.com/all-products/

They are a B Corporation and donate a portion of every sale to a nonprofit of your choice. Pretty great customer service too.

Sarah Cordivano
Project Manager, Data Analytics

Azavea |  340 N 12th St, Ste 402, Philadelphia, PA
scord...@azavea.com
Web analytics.azavea.com  |  Blog azavea.com/blogs  | Twitter @azavea