showif with commands

Tim Kaiser

Aug 23, 2022, 9:01:31 AM8/23/22
to formr
Hi everyone,
I am trying to use a grepl query to check a text input for the correct format in showif. One input should consist of five digits and the other of one letter and six digits. Normally, I would solve this with a regular expression. However, it seems like it is not applied because the corresponding blocks are never shown. Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks,
Tim

Ruben Arslan

Aug 23, 2022, 11:33:02 AM8/23/22
to Tim Kaiser, formr
Yes, use JavaScript with //js_only to check a pattern on the same page, not R code.

Tim Kaiser

Aug 25, 2022, 6:00:50 AM8/25/22
to formr
Any examples online that I can use? i don't know much JavaScript unfortunately…