Participant cannot proceed

Helene Ritthaler

Sep 26, 2022, 9:02:20 AM9/26/22
to formr
Hello,

in our study we use multiple measurement points and for that different surveys, connected by a run. Recently, one of our particitpants could not proceed to the next page  in one of the surveys all of a sudden at 30% (when he filled out the questions and clicked at the end on "weiter", the same page reloaded and all of his answers were deleted). Everything looked normal and he did not do anything wrong. When we sent him to the next survey manually, this worked, but he nevertheless could not proceed.
He uses the most recent version of Google Chrome (105.0.5195.127, 64 bit) and something like this never occured both to us or him before.
Can anyone help here? We already lost many data and hope that we do not have to exclude him due to technical problems.

Thanks and have a nice day

Helene

John Helveston

Sep 26, 2022, 9:05:08 AM9/26/22
to formr
I was having a similar problem and discovered that there may be an issue with some browsers. I use Brave browser, for example, and it is having lots of issues with formr where surveys cannot proceed. I tried the same surveys on Firefox, Chrome, and Safari and there are no issues. For now, I am putting a message on the first page of all my surveys suggesting that users use one of these browsers.

Cyril Tata

Sep 26, 2022, 1:56:04 PM9/26/22
to formr
Hello Helene

Please could you tell me the name of your run and the survey where this happened?

best
Cyril

Cyril Tata

Sep 26, 2022, 2:57:50 PM9/26/22
to John Helveston, formr
Just as info for others, this is an issue with browser cookies. The new version of the underlying software formr uses treats cookies differently. Unfortunately we had to do this upgrade because the old version of the underlying software would no longer be supported. There would be some dotted instances of this issue and an immediate fix would be to ask the user to delete all formr cookies and access the study with his/her formr code to be able to continue from where he/she left off. User beginning a new study or accessing a study via the study link+session code (for example via an email invitation) should not be affected.

Best
Cyril