Screenshop app not allowed.

Will Plein

Mar 7, 2022, 12:26:39 PM3/7/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Screenshot 2022-03-07 122542.png

Joseph Schmidt

Mar 7, 2022, 1:06:49 PM3/7/22
to flubaroo discussions
That message means that the admin at your school has settings such that Add-ons are not allowed or that only specific Add-ons are allowed.

It is not a setting that you can change.  You need to contact the Google admin for your school.

My guess is the admin made a change to tighten security that is now blocking Flubaroo.

For various reasons Flubaroo might not run if the admin has the gate close.

Charlotte Habing

Mar 8, 2022, 1:08:59 PM3/8/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I am getting the same message. My admin has not changed anything. He could not find anywhere that this type of extention was blocked.

Joseph Schmidt

Mar 8, 2022, 1:57:44 PM3/8/22
to flubaroo discussions
Help me help you.  Can you share a screenshot of the message you are getting?  Or copy the text and when you get it.

I was just tried and Flubaroo worked fine for me.

Dan Sitter

Mar 9, 2022, 9:19:58 AM3/9/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I'm the admin at my school and I have a staff member in the same boat. Staff member using Flubaroo for years, suddenly no longer works. First said it was blocked, then can't be installed because of admin? No settings were changed, etc. So following this thread.

Dan Sitter

Mar 9, 2022, 9:28:53 AM3/9/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
I forgot to include a picture the staff member sent me.
Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 8.27.37 AM.png

Joseph Schmidt

Mar 9, 2022, 10:17:01 AM3/9/22
to flubaroo discussions
I suspect that Google made a change in the permissions required to run Flubaroo.  I'm not an admin so I have close to zero knowledge.

I'm aware of another user that can't use Flubaroo because the school doesn't allow the popup message telling you that Flubaroo is grading.

I will ask Dave to see if he knows anything about this.

Jim Van Fleet

Mar 9, 2022, 2:40:23 PM3/9/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
Just had a user ask me, the administrator, why flubaroo is blocked.

I'm actually surprised the user was able to install Flubaroo in the first place because we've had the setting https://admin.google.com/ac/apps/gmail/marketplace/settings and flubaroo was not added to the allowlist https://admin.google.com/ac/apps/gmail/marketplace/allowlist

I have now added Flubaroo to the allowlist and am waiting to hear back from the user as to whether it works.

Joseph Schmidt

Mar 9, 2022, 4:31:34 PM3/9/22
to flubaroo discussions
I talked to Flubaroo Dave.  Here is his suggestion.

Show them this, but replace "Certify'em" with "Flubaroo".

Step #1 is probably enough.

It seems that you discovered the solution while I was talking to Dave.

Dan Sitter

Mar 10, 2022, 3:55:51 PM3/10/22
to Flubaroo Discussion Forum
So - even though it was allowed many moons ago - they must have updated something so now it has to be on the allow list. Found guidance on that so thank you everyone that helped. Screenshot below shows the setting in the admin panel and the warning that was displayed when I finally got there, even though it wasn't there earlier!
Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 2.33.36 PM.png