FL_ROUNDED_BOX

holm.h...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2022, 9:57:38 AM6/19/22
to fltk.general

Hi,

I'm trying to refresh my GUI and think box(FL_ROUNDED_BOX) looks good.

It would however be even better if there exist FL_GTK_ROUNDED_BOX.

FL_GTK_ROUND_BOX do exist, but is not really the same on big buttons.

Is it possible to make FL_GTK_ROUNDED_BOX ?
Are there alternatives to the box-types found in test/boxtype ?

Best regards
Håvard

Albrecht Schlosser

Jun 20, 2022, 5:43:58 AM6/20/22
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
On 6/19/22 15:57  holm.h...@... wrote:
> I'm trying to refresh my GUI and think box(FL_ROUNDED_BOX) looks good.
>
> It would however be even better if there exist FL_GTK_ROUNDED_BOX.
>
> FL_GTK_ROUND_BOX do exist, but is not really the same on big buttons.

Well, to be precise, FL_GTK_ROUND_BOX does not really exist. There are
however FL_GTK_ROUND_UP_BOX and FL_GTK_ROUND_DOWN_BOX which seem to be
similar to their counterparts FL_ROUND_UP_BOX and FL_ROUND_DOWN_BOX,
respectively.

Note that "rounded" boxtypes may have issues with their non-rectangular
backgrounds when resizing or redrawing parts of the GUI.

> Is it possible to make FL_GTK_ROUNDED_BOX ?

It might be possible but someone would have to do it. I didn't look at
the code though, hence I don't know how much work this would be.

There's also FL_FREE_BOXTYPE which you can use to add your own
boxtype(s) but you would need to do all the coding yourself.

> Are there alternatives to the box-types found in test/boxtype ?

test/boxtype is not a complete overview of boxtypes, it's only a demo.
The definition of all boxtypes is in FL/Enumerations.H and the
documentation lists all (currently 56) different boxtypes.
https://fltk.gitlab.io/fltk/Enumerations_8H.html#ae48bf9070f8541de17829f54ccacc6bc