font selection dialog for FLTK?

janezz55

Oct 14, 2021, 12:48:17 PM10/14/21
to fltk.general
I know there probably isn't much on offer?

Ian MacArthur

Oct 14, 2021, 2:53:54 PM10/14/21
to Fltk General
On 14 Oct 2021, at 17:24, janezz55 wrote:

> I know there probably isn't much on offer?

No, there’s no fltk font-chooser widget as such.
That sort of convenience widget is somewhat outside the usual scope of fltk - though the bits you need to write your own are all there, of course.
I assume you have looked at the “fonts” and “utf8” applications in the test folder? They show the basics of font selection and choosing, though neither is a font-chooser as such.

There are a few kicking about though - I’ve seen links posted in the past (none of which I can now find, but your search may be more fruitful.)

Writing a good font chooser is *hard* though, I’ve had several goes over the years and not liked any of the solutions I came up with...

Greg Ercolano

Oct 14, 2021, 4:12:48 PM10/14/21
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com

On 10/14/21 9:24 AM, janezz55 wrote:
I know there probably isn't much on offer?

    A font chooser for FLTK fonts, like the one in fluid? (FL_HELVETICA, etc)
    Or a font chooser for the local OS like in test/fonts?
    Or something different than those?

janezz55

Oct 14, 2021, 5:04:08 PM10/14/21
to fltk.general

No, there’s no fltk font-chooser widget as such.
That sort of convenience widget is somewhat outside the usual scope of fltk - though the bits you need to write your own are all there, of course.
 I am not so sure, there is a color chooser dialog.

janezz55

Oct 14, 2021, 5:04:12 PM10/14/21
to fltkg...@googlegroups.com
Any of those will suffice, I am just too lazy to write one myself.